Wiki Posts
Search

Using Droid Razr Maax outside US?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2012, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Location: Orange County (SNA) CA, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold
Using Droid Razr Maax outside US?

Hi all - My carrier is Verizon and I just bought the new Motorola Razr Maax. When travelling overseas, is it simply a matter of switching out the sim card or do I need to do something else in order to use the phone outside the US?
Old Aug 1, 2012, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
This thread from droidforums.net has a lot of good info, see especially the posts by littman starting on page 3. Summary is that for calls, switching out the SIM seems to be enough, for data there are some settings that need to be changed.

Please post back with your experiences, I will be trying the same in October.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
I hope for your sake things have changed since May, because when I was looking at that exact phone I was told it was NOT a world phone and would not work internationally. Verizon did say that that should change sometime later this year, but apparently they've been saying that for a while.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 6:36 pm

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
As of june 22, it works on gsm networks internationally. You need android version 4.04 or ice cream sandwich.
Global rates apply. Or you switch out the sim card with a foreign one and pay their rates. Boy the phones are hard to type on. Excuse all my errors

Last edited by smith80678; Aug 1, 2012 at 6:44 pm
Old Aug 1, 2012, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Location: Orange County (SNA) CA, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold
Thanks for the link djk7, lot's of good info there. Seems switching out the sim card won't be a problem. Thanks again for the responses
Old Aug 1, 2012, 8:40 pm

how does one switch out the sim card? is it under the battery compartment? i heard that some of these newer models have non-removable batteries so am a bit concerned.

(thinking about upgrading to the razr maxx)
Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:28 pm

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
The sim card is on the side. There is a small compartment you pull out. The battery is non removable but the phone is waterproof
Old Aug 2, 2012, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by smith80678
As of june 22, it works on gsm networks internationally. You need android version 4.04 or ice cream sandwich.
Global rates apply. Or you switch out the sim card with a foreign one and pay their rates. Boy the phones are hard to type on. Excuse all my errors
Get SwiftKey. It learns your word patterns and does an amazing job figuring out what you meant to say

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.