Original Poster

Mobile Modem

I am looking for a mobile modem that

* accepts a SIM card
* works on battery
* lets devices connect via WiFi
* is UNLOCKED
* works in Germany/Switzerland/Japan/USA

I found a few devices from Zoom (We3G), Huawei and Novatel. For Novatel I think only the 2352/3352 work in all of the above countries and these devices are quite expensive $190-$250. Huawei has many devices and looking at the description I am not quite sure which one will work in what country. The Zoom We3G right now looks most attractive as I think it meets all requirements and is inexpensive ($120).

Has anybody any experience with those devices, can recommend or recommend again any of them, or has any other input. There are almost no comparisons for those type of devices.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 7:28 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk. The keyword that I think you want to use to serach for information on this topic is "mifi" rather than "modem". There is, for example, this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...-solution.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.