Gogo Acquires Airphone

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2012, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Gogo Acquires Airfone

Just hit the wires...

Gogo Acquires Airfone
Gogo announced the acquisition of Airfone, the in-flight phone service, from LiveTV.

The deal will give Gogo the 1 MHz spectrum license previously held by LiveTV. Gogo will use the new spectrum license in addition to its 3 MHz license to provide better service for its air-to-ground network...
<SNIP>

Article continues here

Last edited by jspira; May 7, 2012 at 5:05 pm
Old May 7, 2012, 11:35 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
About time someone puts Airfone out of its misery. The only time I ever made use of it was during a 3.5 hour PDX-SFO flight during a weather "event" in December some years ago (1987?). Got to tell my wife we might be landing at RNO instead of SFO due to running out of fuel.
Old May 8, 2012, 6:41 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
About time someone puts Airfone out of its misery. The only time I ever made use of it was during a 3.5 hour PDX-SFO flight during a weather "event" in December some years ago (1987?). Got to tell my wife we might be landing at RNO instead of SFO due to running out of fuel.
At one point during the Airphone days, they had a deal that was something like $29.95 for "all you could talk" during a month. I remember being on a 2 hour conference call one day while enroute from CVG to LAX. The plan was discontinued shortly thereafter....
Old May 10, 2012, 3:55 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
If this is the same company, I remember paying like $10/ month w verizon or att for some amount of mins in air. I thought it was great!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.