Search

Need help identifying a specific travel adapter

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2011, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Need help identifying a specific travel adapter

I saw this really cool travel adapter today, but the guy got away before I could ask about it.

In terms of a description, it was made out of blue plastic, was very compact, and was all curvy looking. It consisted of a number of swivel arms that you moved in/out/around to make up the various kinds of connectors. The closest thing I can come up to describe it would be "sort of like an octopus."

Ring any bells?
Old Jul 10, 2011, 6:21 am

Programs: None anymore
Sounds like a run of the mill universal travel adapter. Many shapes sizes colors cost.
This one comes in Blue, Black, Red
Old Jul 10, 2011, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flahusky
Sounds like a run of the mill universal travel adapter. Many shapes sizes colors cost.
This one comes in Blue, Black, Red
Nope - the one I saw was was all flexible and with arms that sort of unfolded from it, and the "arms had various parts of plugs on the ends of them. So, if you wanted US, for example, you unfolded two of the arms, which formed the two parts of the US plug. When folded up it had a very small profile.

It looked like something the Italians or Japanese would come up with.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 11:55 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Was it like this?

Cheap, made in China, works OK but many bits are plastic and frangible, can be found on occasion at places like Fry's. One wholesaler uses a part number of PPC208655.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
Was it like this?

Cheap, made in China, works OK but many bits are plastic and frangible, can be found on occasion at places like Fry's. One wholesaler uses a part number of PPC208655.
This one is similar - but the one I saw was more curvy and looked more solid. Having googled every way I can think of I may need to chalk this one up as the one that got away.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That looks like the APC model that was discontinued. I always like the look, and that it could fold flat, but it never got good reviews. Hopefully you will find the one you are talking about, the octopus, and share it with us.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.