Wiki Posts
Search

Bluetooth headset recommendation?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2011, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Bluetooth headset recommendation?

Hi friends,

I am looking for suggestions for a good Bluetooth headset that I can use for business calls while on the move (e.g. in airports, driving - where legally allowed to speak on the phone, when I need to use my hands for something else!...i.e. work).

Clarity and comfort are the main criteria followed by battery life. I am flexible on cost but don't need anything with Diamonds in it.

I would also like it to be a comfortable fit in the ear, you know like some music in ear headphones have a good fit inside the ear.

Any recommendations please?

Thank you friends,
wonderfultravels
Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL D & MM, Marriott P, Hilton S, UA, US, AA
Plantronics Voyager

After my Zinio gave up the ghost I invested in the Plantronics Voyager Pro UC. I wanted over the ear because I can never make the in-ear models stay put (only negative point for my Zinio). The Voyager is VERY comfortable for long term wearing, callers say it is very clear and I like the voice notificiations. The Voyager (UC model only, I believe) comes with a paired BT dongle that lets you use the headset for Skype (or other VOIP service) on your computer. This works very well on my laptop. Final plus point is that the headset folds relatively flat so that I can carry it in my Night-Ize phone case.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: US Airways Platinum 2012, Hilton Diamond
Any of the plantronics in ear. I have m100, replaced 925 and love it. Good fit, sound.

Jimbo
Old Jun 7, 2011, 1:31 pm

Two old but goodies, and one is heavily discounted

http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-Vo...474791&sr=8-12

http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-Vo.../ref=pd_cp_e_2
Old Jun 8, 2011, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Plantronics Voyager Pro for me. I tried the Pro+ version but it didn't integrate well with the iPhone--maybe the UC version does. But the original one is fine with me.

It's a bit bigger than some with a longer boom. I look at that as making it more functional, at the cost of style (if that's possible with a BT headset).
Old Jun 8, 2011, 5:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I have an Aliph Jawbone Icon model. The quality and noise isolation are excellent as is the functionality with my iPhone.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by jwhite4304
Any of the plantronics in ear. I have m100, replaced 925 and love it. Good fit, sound.

Jimbo
I am very happy with Plantronics Discovery 975.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I'll also suggest the Plantronics 925 and 975 - I have one of each right now. I tried Jawbone and Blue Ant, plus a couple of others, before finally being happy withe the 9*5.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 9:24 pm

Location: شمال أمريكا والعالم العربي - N America + Arab World
Programs: *A, SkyTeam
Bose® Bluetooth® headset

I like it! ^
Old Jun 9, 2011, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can't stand the borg implant in my ear that most of the others above seem to have. I have the Sennheisser MM200 stereo earbuds. Bluetooth to your phone or ipod, allows multiple devices to be connected and it just hangs around your neck waiting to be used, no need to take it off your ear and put it in your pocket, just pop the single ear bud in with the microphone in the controller and answer the phone. You can put both ear buds in if you need to concentrate and to block out outside noise.

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser...detailxgeneral
Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
+1

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I have an Aliph Jawbone Icon model. The quality and noise isolation are excellent as is the functionality with my iPhone.
I have this one too +1 and the newer one is even better. I also have the plantronics voyager pro and it too is very good, but the Icon is lighter and IMHO the wind cancellation works better. The sound quality for the other side is just a TAD better with the plantronics.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Hmm

Originally Posted by Gayrab
Hmm, I have to say I tried this one for about 15 minutes in the bose store, and I found the sound quality was actually quite poor. I think the NC was too high and the user interface on the device (as well as the wear ability, it won't do I think LEFT ears it was not symetrical YET) was somewhat poor. not to mention it was some serious $$$. It has now been discounted for between 79-99$ in aftermarket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.