Wiki Posts
Search

New "Blackberry Travel" App

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2011, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA and SPG are the two primary ones these days
New "Blackberry Travel" App

Press release - it looks very much like it's an officially-RIM-licensed WorldMate replacement.

I have been using WorldMate for a couple years and I really like it. This looks like a fancier version.

The only thing that concerns me, personally, is that it is designed to automatically scrape your inbox for confirmation emails and magically put them into the app. This is very convenient, of course, but my particular problem is that I do a lot of the travel booking for my family, plus my fiancé (tjtenor4) and I send each other all of OUR itineraries for reference...so I would love for a way to differentiate "other peoples' trips" from my own, or at least to be able to turn off auto-update and just forward my relevant ones manually.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:47 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Seems like you're right; see "BlackBerry Maker Teams up With WorldMate, Launches Travel App", which seems to confirm it.

I abandoned WorldMate because it didn't do as good a job as TripIt about importing my itineraries. There were too many that I had to "fix" or that WorldMate couldn't interpret.

But WorldMate's BlackBerry app is slick, and it's light years ahead of TripIt's. I wish I could use them together!
Old May 5, 2011, 7:47 pm

You should see an option on the main page to deactivate the automatic itinerary scan. I've been using it for a month now, and a little surprised that it hasn't really been talked about here, given how every single person I've showed this app to loves it.

Blackberry seriously needs a new PR team.
Old May 6, 2011, 7:10 pm

Location: USA - HNL, SEA, DEN, ORD, MCO, and all points inbetween
Programs: Way too many!
I love it!
Old May 6, 2011, 8:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

I can't log into my existing Worldmate account. Why am I not surprised..........
Old May 9, 2011, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Ag Muti-year WN Companion Pass, A+, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Ntl EmExElite
Blackberry Travel is a fantastic application. Gate changes, flight updates plus putting all your travel automatically on your calendar...what more could you want?

The scraping of email to find travel has saved me a ton of time.

An excellent application

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.