Wiki Posts
Search

Best app for currency exchange

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2010, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, SPG, FFFWP
Best app for currency exchange

Any suggestions for Ipod touch app for currency exchange?
Old Jul 24, 2010, 4:54 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
XE works for me.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 4:58 pm

Programs: CO PLT, AA PLT, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Avis First
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
XE works for me.
+1 XE works great when abroad
Old Jul 24, 2010, 7:22 pm

You might also want to try "Currency" (Jeffrey Grossman). I didn't know that there was an xe currency, and I had this one. I tried xe, and I prefer "Currency". So you might want to try them both. They are both good, both do the job, but I prefer Currency's interface for entering amounts.

-David
Old Jul 24, 2010, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
You might also want to try "Currency" (Jeffrey Grossman). I didn't know that there was an xe currency, and I had this one. I tried xe, and I prefer "Currency". So you might want to try them both. They are both good, both do the job, but I prefer Currency's interface for entering amounts.

-David
I like the look and feel of Currency a bit better, but XE has more" less traveled" countries listed. For example, i typed in Myanmar and XE had the conversion, whereas Currency didn't.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by longleaf
I like the look and feel of Currency a bit better, but XE has more" less traveled" countries listed. For example, i typed in Myanmar and XE had the conversion, whereas Currency didn't.
Yes, xe has more (obscure) currencies included. In Currency, you can email suggestions to the author from the app, so if you want another currency added to the 112 they already have, you can just email him. Or use both apps for those trips to Myanmar.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Jul 25, 2010 at 2:15 am
Old Jul 25, 2010, 7:00 am

Both are relatively 'comparable', XE usually updates rates more regularly. Citibank also has one and I've yet to try it out but the reviews are pretty solid on iTunes.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, SPG, FFFWP
Gonna try out both-got plenty of space on my new toy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.