Community
Wiki Posts
Search

iPhoneTrip Reviews?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2011, 11:19 pm

Programs: QFF SG
Originally Posted by DeKa
Does anyone know which network this new plan uses in the USA (for a non-US citizen visiting the US?

It is described as ....
Data Only US $6.99/day
Get unlimited 4G internet access on the best LTE network in US. Pick this plan if you need only internet access, since voice and texting are restricted. Highly recommended for iPad and USB modem users.

I am curious as I want to use it with a Huawei e585 u-82 and want to make sure the network will work with this device, otherwise I'll go for the $11.99/day plan which I know is AT&T
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
That's a good question. My assumption had been that all iPhoneTrip offerings were using AT&Ts infrastructure, but not if it's 4G.
FYI I am still chasing an answer on this one from iPhoneTrip. They keep talking about how I need to ask AT&T to unlock my device (which indicates it is not AT&T network they use for the $6.99 plan) but they told me I do not need to get a new SIM card, which indicates maybe it is AT&T! I will update the thread when I get a final answer...
Old Nov 26, 2011, 4:51 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
I'm in Poland and In the last 24 hours used IPhone trip In the US! YUL, AMS and now WAW. No problems at all connecting in each country, been seamless. I actually have full bars in Dow town WAW, which surprised me a bit.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 4:52 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
FYI I am still chasing an answer on this one from iPhoneTrip. They keep talking about how I need to ask AT&T to unlock my device (which indicates it is not AT&T network they use for the $6.99 plan) but they told me I do not need to get a new SIM card, which indicates maybe it is AT&T! I will update the thread when I get a final answer...
AT&T will nt unlock your device.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO PLT, AA PLT, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Avis First
Don't they ask you when ordering if your device is locked to AT&T or not? I thought I remembered that was a question but its been a few months since I have used the service. That would indicate to me that they have some discretion on which provider they send you a SIM card for.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
AT&T will nt unlock your device.
Where did I say I had an AT&T device? I was asking about whether iPhoneTrip.com's "Data Only US $6.99/day" service was on AT&T or another network given it says it provides "unlimited 4G internet access on the best LTE network in US"

Originally Posted by tiev
Don't they ask you when ordering if your device is locked to AT&T or not? I thought I remembered that was a question but its been a few months since I have used the service. That would indicate to me that they have some discretion on which provider they send you a SIM card for.
They do ask you, but in this instance it's irrelevant as I'm not a US resident, and don't have an AT&T device - I want to bring an unlocked device (a Huawei e585-u82 "pocket wifi") to the US.

I finally received an answer from iPhoneTrip.com. I had to escalate it as the normal customer service reps didn't know what I was asking about.

If you do not ask, the SIM provided on the US$6.99/day data only plan is on a 4G network (not disclosed). You can however request AT&T 3G coverage, and they will activate this service on an AT&T SIM. This is very convenient as I already have half a dozen iPhoneTrip.com AT&T SIMs for my future travels, so I requested they activate the US$6.99/day data only plan on one of these. I am travelling over the next week so I'll report back confirming it works.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 10:53 pm

My Australian unlocked Huawei e585-u82 is now working with the IPhonetrip.com $6.99/day US data only plan with an iPhonetrip.com supplied AT&T SIM card.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 11:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
My Australian unlocked Huawei e585-u82 is now working with the IPhonetrip.com $6.99/day US data only plan with an iPhonetrip.com supplied AT&T SIM card.
Are you going to test how much data you can use?

Do some big downloads at night to a laptop.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by wco81
Are you going to test how much data you can use?

Do some big downloads at night to a laptop.
No. The T&C's limit it to 1GB/day for the "unlimited" plan. Only in the USA would this be allowed - boy have telcos and ISPs in Australia got in trouble from the regulators for using the word unlimited with T&C'S.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:27 pm

Where did I say I had an AT&T device? I was asking about whether iPhoneTrip.com's "Data Only US $6.99/day" service was on AT&T or another network given it says it provides "unlimited 4G internet access on the best LTE network in US"

They do ask you, but in this instance it's irrelevant as I'm not a US resident, and don't have an AT&T device - I want to bring an unlocked device (a Huawei e585-u82 "pocket wifi") to the US.

I finally received an answer from iPhoneTrip.com. I had to escalate it as the normal customer service reps didn't know what I was asking about.

If you do not ask, the SIM provided on the US$6.99/day data only plan is on a 4G network (not disclosed). You can however request AT&T 3G coverage, and they will activate this service on an AT&T SIM. This is very convenient as I already have half a dozen iPhoneTrip.com AT&T SIMs for my future travels, so I requested they activate the US$6.99/day data only plan on one of these. I am travelling over the next week so I'll report back confirming it works.
It must be AT&T or some carrier using AT&T's network as the only other provider providing 4G LTE in the US would not be compatible with a Huawei. FWIW the AT&T 4G LTE network is relatively sparse at the moment.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 8:34 pm

Has anyone used iphonetrip along with tethering on a jail broken iPhone? I saw an earlier reply that it did not work with a non-jail broken device.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:55 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by thisdj78
Has anyone used iphonetrip along with tethering on a jail broken iPhone? I saw an earlier reply that it did not work with a non-jail broken device.
Worked wonderfully with a jailbroken iPhone3G. Did not work with a non-jailbroken iPhone4s.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
Worked wonderfully with a jailbroken iPhone3G. Did not work with a non-jailbroken iPhone4s.
Good! I have a freshly jail Broken 4s with TetherMe that I'd like to use it on.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:59 pm

1Gb only Data

Hi all. I'm thinking of getting a microsim card with 1Gb only data plan with iPhoneTrip for use on my iPad 1.

So far, I've read good reviews here and I intend to sign up with them.

I understand that once the 1Gb is used up or upon deactivate date, whichever is earlier, I will not be able to use the sim card and I won't be billed further.

Can anyone confirm this especially on the charges? Because I am worried I will be slapped with exhorbitant charges.

I have heard of horror stories in my country where users are charged over USD278K for data roaming. Even after the telecom offered a discount, the user is still liable to pay close to USD$10K!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by hayashiryo
Hi all. I'm thinking of getting a microsim card with 1Gb only data plan with iPhoneTrip for use on my iPad 1.

So far, I've read good reviews here and I intend to sign up with them.

I understand that once the 1Gb is used up or upon deactivate date, whichever is earlier, I will not be able to use the sim card and I won't be billed further.

Can anyone confirm this especially on the charges? Because I am worried I will be slapped with exhorbitant charges.

I have heard of horror stories in my country where users are charged over USD278K for data roaming. Even after the telecom offered a discount, the user is still liable to pay close to USD$10K!

You might compare pricing with Xcom in California.

I have had good luck and their 'unlimited' appears to really be.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:12 am

I'm currently in Germany using an iphone 4s with the unlimited data sim from these folks and it works great! It took a few power resets on the phone after I landed before it picked up the signal, but after that it worked great. My iPhone is jailbroken, so I've been able to share my data via Tetherme with my gf's iPhone 3GS and she can browse and make talkatone calls while tethered to mine. Using talkatone app to make calls. I'll be headed to Spain tonight and will follow up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.