FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - iPhoneTrip Reviews?
View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:27 pm
Nugget_Oz

Originally Posted by DeKa
Where did I say I had an AT&T device? I was asking about whether iPhoneTrip.com's "Data Only US $6.99/day" service was on AT&T or another network given it says it provides "unlimited 4G internet access on the best LTE network in US"

They do ask you, but in this instance it's irrelevant as I'm not a US resident, and don't have an AT&T device - I want to bring an unlocked device (a Huawei e585-u82 "pocket wifi") to the US.

I finally received an answer from iPhoneTrip.com. I had to escalate it as the normal customer service reps didn't know what I was asking about.

If you do not ask, the SIM provided on the US$6.99/day data only plan is on a 4G network (not disclosed). You can however request AT&T 3G coverage, and they will activate this service on an AT&T SIM. This is very convenient as I already have half a dozen iPhoneTrip.com AT&T SIMs for my future travels, so I requested they activate the US$6.99/day data only plan on one of these. I am travelling over the next week so I'll report back confirming it works.
It must be AT&T or some carrier using AT&T's network as the only other provider providing 4G LTE in the US would not be compatible with a Huawei. FWIW the AT&T 4G LTE network is relatively sparse at the moment.