Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recharging Brazil Prepaid Cell in US

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2009, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Recharging Brazil Prepaid Cell in US

I travel twice a year to Brazil on business and like to have a local mobile phone and typically use Tim as the provider. The prepaid plans all expire within 4-5 months of non-use requiring the purchase of a new SIM card along with having to activate it. I cannot find any way to add additional funds to the prepaid number from the US to keep the number active. Any suggestions?
Old Nov 15, 2009, 9:10 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I believe the only way to do it is to add time once you connect in Brazil.

You can purchase the vouchers here, Telistial sells it, but I don't believe you can add them unless you are connected to their network.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 4:43 pm

If it's like the sim cards from most other countries, as long as it roams here, then you can buy the voucher online or either before you leave Brazil, and then just add it via the phone's menu. I can top up my UK and Nigeria sim card from here that way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.