Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for a travel alarm clock

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2008, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT plat; Delta Gold; Marriott LT titanium; Hilton Silver
Looking for a travel alarm clock

I need a travel alarm clock that is small and allows the viewing of the time at night without pressing any buttons. I had a Swiss Army clock that had the "glow in the dark" hands that was OK - not easy to read but manageable. But that has broken. Any suggestions?
Old Feb 25, 2008, 6:18 am

Programs: Hy-Vee Fuel Saver
(sorry; deleted)

Last edited by scruffy; Feb 26, 2008 at 4:27 am
Old Feb 25, 2008, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT plat; Delta Gold; Marriott LT titanium; Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by scruffy
The All Night Light alarm clock provides illumination throughout the night for at-a-glance viewing
http://www.amazon.com/Fulcrum-Night-.../dp/B000ITWTN4

No more fumbling for a light button in the middle of the night with the Light All Night Travel Alarm Clock!
http://www.magellans.com/store/Alarm...cksAC434?Args=
Have you actually used one of these or did you just do a search?
Old Feb 29, 2008, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
I bought a cheapie analog Timex cube shaped travel clock at the grocery store. I works just fine. I keep a flash light next to it.

I've found that travel clocks that glow all night and run on batteries run out of steam fairly quickly. I was given a combo clock/flashlight unit and found it both too heavy and too ridiculous to use.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 1:13 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
One day I noticed my regular Timex Indiglo bedside clock is actually a travel alarm. About2"x3"x1/2" the "stand" folds forward over the face an voila!

I just toss it in my purse and love traveling with it because it's easy to reset the time and alarm. It's been running on the same battery for years (doesn't light up unless you press the Indiglo bar.)

Or I use my cell phone ...
Old Apr 17, 2008, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA, UA, NW, DL, Marriott
Love this clock!

I love this travel alarm clark. Why? A) Soother - which produces your choice of white noise, ocean, forest, etc., to drift to sleep in any noisy hotel. B) Ramp-up alarm - whether it's one of the "soother" sounds or the radio, I can't believe how much I prefer the slowly increasing volume of an alarm rather than the usual balring ones I get from other clocks. C) Digital room temp display to satisfy how cold (or warm) my hotel room really is when I get suspicous of a failing a/c or heater and I feel like complaining to the front desk. D)Am/Fm radio that gets great reception.

I know that my recommendation doesn't speak to your specific interest in a visible clock display at night, but it does light when nearly any button is depressed as other clocks in this thread. To me, the other features of this alarm clock make it my choice for any travel.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 5:51 pm

Cellphone

and if your cell phone has mp3 player, eg SE walkman models, set it so play a song. My w810i has organizer with recurrent alarms that can play music back, plus calendar for reminders that play back a jingle or two

when i'm overseas, usually have at least two cellphones and set both for double wakeups, etc.

and of course it lights up at night to show you the time.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 8:10 pm
Community Director Emerita

This is my favorite travel alarm clock, made by Oregon Scientific. It's very sleek, and easy to use. During the night, I simply reach out, touch it, and rock it a bit for it to light up so I can see the time.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA1k-to-UAnada, HiltonLowAsUCanGo, HertzDoesntMatter
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
This is my favorite travel alarm clock, made by Oregon Scientific. It's very sleek, and easy to use. During the night, I simply reach out, touch it, and rock it a bit for it to light up so I can see the time.
I have a similar one from Oregon Sci. Unfortunately it seems they don't make them anymore. Everything now has more features (not needed) and are bigger....
Old Apr 21, 2008, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Essentially the same alarm clock is available at LL Bean. It has one additional feature that I really like, which is a thermometer.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/sto...Search&feat=sr
Old Apr 24, 2008, 7:27 am

Programs: AA - Plat
have you thought about using your cell phone?
Old Apr 24, 2008, 8:51 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
I'd swing by a Sharper Image store if there's one near you. Many are going out of business and completely liquidating everything - including the furniture! They tend to have all sorts of clock gizmos. I have one from a while back which was ok except for the fact that it zapped 6 AA's in about 2 months.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 9:12 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
You missed Tuesday's WOOT... a 2-pack of indiglo travel alarm clocks that automatically update the time based on the signal sent out from the U.S. Atomic Clock.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 12:51 pm

I'm trying to find a travel alarm clock with a ten minute (or adjustable snooze). Any suggestions?

I've tried REI, Sharper Image and Amazon and either the snooze is too short or it isn't included in the product information.

My cell phone (a treo, has a five minute snooze) which is too short.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL Diamond // Marriott LT Titanium
Westclox Nap Mate

perhaps the best one out there:

http://www.amazon.com/Salton-47502-W.../dp/B00013K768

it has a nap function, where you can tell it to wake you up in X amount of minutes from now!! this way, you dont have to set your alarm if you just want to take a quick 20 min nap. I can leave the alarm the way it is for my mornings and just use the nap function in case I want to take a quick nap.

You can search for it on ebay too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.