Reload this Page >

Pluto Pod Travel Pillow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pluto Pod Travel Pillow

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2024, 10:11 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: oneword Emerald
Pluto Pod Travel Pillow

I saw this in The New York Times Wirecutter newsletter. Interesting concept.

Pluto Pod Travel Pillow: A First-Class Sleep Experience in Economy
At first glance, the Pluto Pod seems … a bit much. It’s essentially a very thick neck pillow with a padded hood, plus a pull-down eye mask. Even rolled up into itself and snapped closed, it makes for a bulky burrito. (Actually, a good size comparison would be a party-size bag of Doritos.) One of our recommended travel pillows, the Trtl Pillow, takes up half as much space.

But what the Pod does with that space is nothing short of miraculous. The neck pillow part of the Pod, which secures in front with Velcro, sits flush against my chin, or the side of my cheek depending on how I tilted, cradling my head gently and securely while snoozing. And since the support surrounds your neck on both sides and the front, unlike the Trtl Pillow, it allows you to lean your head in any position while sleeping without having to adjust.
---

Old Feb 23, 2024, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
I saw this in The New York Times Wirecutter newsletter. Interesting concept.
Anyone here has try this. How hot will this get?
Old Feb 23, 2024, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
No paywall: https://web.archive.org/web/20240222...pillow-review/

I wonder how this feels on a lie-flat. The hood might even make long day flights more comfortable by blocking out surroundings. Yeah I could take a hoodie but sweaters create a ton of bulk.
If it was a little cheaper I would not hesitate to give it a shot. At $150, not sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.