Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rental car phone mount suggestion?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2023, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Rental car phone mount suggestion?

I usually carry a vent mount for a rental car, but lately, my last few rentals have the new/round-style vent. The clip and screw type does not work anymore. I'm hunting for a new mount again. Any good suggestion for a compact mount that would work for a universal rental car?

Thanks
Old Sep 27, 2023, 4:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
I rent 30-60 vehicles per year. The only vehicles I've found my mount to not work on is Cadillacs because the vent vanes are mounted so deep into the dash.

Ciencimy Magnetic Car Mount Compatible with MagSafe Case Ciencimy Magnetic Car Mount Compatible with MagSafe Case

Old Sep 28, 2023, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I like this one:
Lamicall Car Vent Phone Mount Lamicall Car Vent Phone Mount
. It is inexpensive flexible in that it rotates 360 degrees. Also, you normally only need one grip to to attach it to a vent.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold/OneWorld Ruby
I usally carry a very small vent mount (
https://www.amazon.com/Phone-Mount-Lamicall-Vent-Holder/dp/B07GQMM65Q/ https://www.amazon.com/Phone-Mount-Lamicall-Vent-Holder/dp/B07GQMM65Q/
). And I also carry a small steering wheel mount (
Amazon Amazon
)

I prefer the vent mount, but the steering wheel mount will work in a pinch as well, but is inconvenient with a charging cable. I carry bother in my backpack in case the vent mount doesn't work.

I use this dashboard phone holder at home, and although it's a bit larger than the other two, it's actually quite flat and would consider taking it on a trip in which I knew was going to be using it a lot:
Amazon Amazon
Old Oct 3, 2023, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aww3583
I rent 30-60 vehicles per year. The only vehicles I've found my mount to not work on is Cadillacs because the vent vanes are mounted so deep into the dash.

Ciencimy Magnetic Car Mount Compatible with MagSafe Case

Does it work with the new circle styles vent? My last two rentals (Jeep, toyota corolla) have those circle vent and it does not work
Old Oct 3, 2023, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BillMorrow
I like this one: Lamicall Car Vent Phone Mount. It is inexpensive flexible in that it rotates 360 degrees. Also, you normally only need one grip to to attach it to a vent.
I have one like that too, but it is with the same grip. It does not work on the non flat vent, like to circle vent
Old Oct 3, 2023, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lipoff
I usally carry a very small vent mount (https://www.amazon.com/Phone-Mount-Lamicall-Vent-Holder/dp/B07GQMM65Q/). And I also carry a small steering wheel mount (https://www.amazon.com/Reiko-Steerin...dp/B00PCV554I/)

I prefer the vent mount, but the steering wheel mount will work in a pinch as well, but is inconvenient with a charging cable. I carry bother in my backpack in case the vent mount doesn't work.

I use this dashboard phone holder at home, and although it's a bit larger than the other two, it's actually quite flat and would consider taking it on a trip in which I knew was going to be using it a lot: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TZSC1P3/
How do you attach the dashboard holder?
Old Oct 3, 2023, 12:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by lleung1980
Does it work with the new circle styles vent? My last two rentals (Jeep, toyota corolla) have those circle vent and it does not work
This mount uses a metal hook at the end of a flat extendable finger. As long as the vent has a vane, and that vane is sufficiently close to the front of the vent itself, it should work.

However, I just looked up 2024 Jeep Wrangler interior photos. I don't think this type of mount would work on that type of vent.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aww3583
This mount uses a metal hook at the end of a flat extendable finger. As long as the vent has a vane, and that vane is sufficiently close to the front of the vent itself, it should work.

However, I just looked up 2024 Jeep Wrangler interior photos. I don't think this type of mount would work on that type of vent.
Thanks for checking, back to searching again. I also ordered one of those dish clip mounts. I'm hoping that will work for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.