Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Carry on for BOTH US Domestic and International

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2023, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Carry on for BOTH US Domestic and International

I am trying to find a carryon (2 or 4 wheels) that will double for both US Domestic and International. From what I see, most US Domestic is 22x14x9, while International tends to be slightly lower but wider such as 21.5 x 15.5 x 9. So taking looking for a case that is 21.5 x 14 x 9 would seem to work. There seem to be very few that fit the bill. The only one that I see is the Travelpro Crew Global. I know this assumes airlines enforce their hard rules but are there other options that fit the bill? I like the Walkabout 5 from Macy's but it seems taller than 21.5 once external measurements are taken into account. It donesn't have to be Travelpro, just anything that would work.

Thanks

Last edited by upsidedown; Apr 13, 2023 at 10:26 am
Old Apr 13, 2023, 10:21 am

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
I have the Travelpro Maxlite spinner, which has fit in international budget airline overheads and at 5.3# its still possible (but not easy!) to pack for a week without exceeding the 10kg limit.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 4:12 pm

Programs: Global Entry, TSA PreCheck, UA Premier, Marriott Titanium Elite
I have the TravelPro Crew VersaPack Global Carry-On Expandable Spinner. I bought it for that very reason. Works for both domestic and international flights.
Overall Dimensions (includes wheels and carry handles):
H: 21.5 in. x W: 14 in. x D: 9 in.
https://travelpro.com/collections/sp...ndable-spinner

Only thing is these always seem to sell out! I had to put myself on an email list when the one I wanted was finally available. I snatched it up immediately from travelpro.com!
upsidedown likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MtlTourist
I have the TravelPro Crew VersaPack Global Carry-On Expandable Spinner. I bought it for that very reason. Works for both domestic and international flights.
Overall Dimensions (includes wheels and carry handles):
H: 21.5 in. x W: 14 in. x D: 9 in.
https://travelpro.com/collections/sp...ndable-spinner

Only thing is these always seem to sell out! I had to put myself on an email list when the one I wanted was finally available. I snatched it up immediately from travelpro.com!
Thanks grabbed it on their 15% off sale and $30 Amex promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.