Wiki Posts
Search

Light 29" Soft-side Options/Brands

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2023, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Light 29" Soft-side Options/Brands

Have 2 of the old Costco Samsonite sets that have held up remarkably well for a long-time (15 years?). But one of the larger bags has hit the end of the road. It is a 29" spinner (27" case) and weighs 8.5 lbs empty.

We were in Germany a few weeks ago and checked out a Travelite bag. Should have pulled the trigger on it. But at the time (a) thought our bag might make a bit longer and (b) were unsure about how repairs/parts would work if needed (our bags have each needed a new wheel and one a handle over the years).

Have been through many threads here but most are discussing carry-ons or not focusing on the weight for checked bags. If we invest in a new bag, would like to get as light as we can as are always pushing up against the 50 lb limit. The large Travelite's are in the 6-7 lbs range. Have found an option from it luggage in that weight range but unfamiliar with their quality. Any other soft-sides I should be looking at?

Ideally something I can purchase in the US. But our bag does not need to replaced until late summer and I will have trips to Japan and the UK before then if there are any brands only available overseas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.