Reload this Page >

Two-Wheeled Carry-on/Rollaboard Recs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two-Wheeled Carry-on/Rollaboard Recs

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2021, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by TWA884
I Googled before I posted, and one of the articles in the search results, not the Samsonite website, mentioned a particular Samsonite rollaboard model. I can't replicate it now and since I used my office computer, I can't look up the browser history. There are two 2-wheel carry-on bags listed on the US Samsonite site, Detour 22" Wheeled Duffel and Insignis Underseater Wheeled Carry-On; neither one is the model which was referenced in the articles that I read.
IMHO, duffels and underseaters don't really meet the intent of what most people are looking for when they lament the demise of 2-wheel rollaboards. Samsonite does have one 2-wheel traditional rollaboard (Armage II Upright Wheeled Carry On) but it is quite wide...they advertise it as 16.25" wide and 15" wide internally, so I can definitely see getting called out by a GA for an oversized bag. I'm actually a bit surprised they refer to this as a carryon.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I found out that Costco Next now has B&R as one of its participants. I don't know if the prices are good but just FYI: https://costconext.com/brand/briggs-riley/
chica likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by username
I found out that Costco Next now has B&R as one of its participants. I don't know if the prices are good but just FYI: https://costconext.com/brand/briggs-riley/
Only one regular carry-on available through that it looks like (The Rhapsody Tall Carry-on spinner). Runs $350. Seems to be better than the average price I find searching real quick. Whether that's a great deal or not, no idea.

For regular checked luggage, only two options, a hard side one and the medium rhapsody checked one (for $400).
Old Jan 18, 2022, 7:27 pm

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
I prefer rollers for my carry-ons since they have more room than spinners. I have a Yeti Crossroads roller and I really love it. It's hard on the bottom with a rugged nylon top. My boyfriend has a Nixon Weekender carry-on roller he really loves. It's hard on the bottom with a soft top, too, (I'm not sure what it's made of but it's really tough). His is really striking because the telescoping handle is bright blue. Both come in check-in sizes, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.