Search

LATAM Cabin Size Luggage

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2020, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance, OneWorld
Arrow LATAM Cabin Size Luggage

Hello everyone,

I am a traveler of average 200.000 km per year.
My recent travel to Latin American countries, I traveled with many Latin America based airliners such as LATAM, GOL etc.

These airliners' maximum dimensions of carry-on luggage is 55 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm/21 in X 13 in x 9 in (length + width + height).
This is the smallest limits I encounter so far as globally (except the very small charters)
I need to change my current carry on (which does not fit into above limits) and now I am in search for a new carry on.

Rimowa has no such carry on luggage with the above measures.
I think Tumi is a bit oversize but I am not sure.
What would be your carry on luggage suggestion for a traveler like me, I need a robust, high quality carry-on.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 8:58 am

Programs: UA gold, Hyatt Plat Marriott silver,Hilton Gold, PC Plat., SPG Gold.,Hertz Gold, Global Entry
Look at www.redoxx.com or www.tombihn.com as they may have several over the shoulder bags that might fit your needs. I have several Tom Bihn bags. I have several small items from reddoxxx. Both companies make great products. If you want or need wheels this is not for you. YMMV.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance, OneWorld
Thank you PowerLifter, I forgot to mention that I need a spinner (4-wheel)... Any suggestion?
Old Mar 23, 2020, 10:10 pm

I don't have a good recommendation, but wanted to mention that LATAM and Gol are no joke. Last year I did a trip around Brazil. My companion had a bag that was slightly above their limits and since it is hard sided, could not jam it into the sizer. They were pulled out at each airport (four of them). I have a soft sided two wheel B&R that is larger in all dimensions. They never bothered me. I even asked once, and the guy told me that my bag was "ok".
Old Mar 24, 2020, 8:39 am

Programs: UA gold, Hyatt Plat Marriott silver,Hilton Gold, PC Plat., SPG Gold.,Hertz Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Besmi Flyingfish
Thank you PowerLifter, I forgot to mention that I need a spinner (4-wheel)... Any suggestion?
Look at Briggs&Riley commuter spinner. If you want a hard side look at The Torq international spinner. YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.