Rimowa Cabin Plus

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2020, 9:21 pm
Original Poster
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum
Rimowa Cabin Plus

Hi,
I absolutely love my Rimowa Original Cabin. I'm looking at potentially getting a Cabin Plus for some longer trips I have planned this year. I understand that the bag is technically oversized for the cabin, but was just wondering what people's experiences are with this-- does it fit in the bins? Do gate agents stop you because it is too big? The case would be used mostly on long-haul J and some shorter US domestic F/intra-EU J, with a 1 or 2 shorter connecting Y flights possibly thrown in.
Thanks for any insights!
Old Jan 18, 2020, 4:14 am

Programs: M/M
The bag fits, just know you made the deliberate decision to attempt to bring the trolley on board.

If the gate agent tells you to gate-check your bag, don't be surprised.

The 32L is the IATA-compatible version.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 2:18 pm

I am sitting in lounge now, toting my Cabin Plus. Since purchasing the bag about 9 months ago, I have journeyed roughly 150K miles on everything from Regional Jets (including just an hour ago) to 777 and A350s. I have literally never had the bag not fit in the overhead. The secret sauce is that the “violation” of cabin sizing is the width, not the depth. So there is no problem getting into a bin, it’s just that it is slightly wider than a normal bag. It has been zero issue, I love it, have zero regrets.
CLG, bizum and rainman13 like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:09 pm

Rimowa Cabin Plus fits in Embraer 175

Recently purchased a Rimowa Cabin Plus and flew United via Mesa on an Embraer 175. Suitcase fit easily into overhead wheels first.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-*G, AA-Exec P, IHG-Gold, Bonvoy-Ambassador
We have two Cabin Plus's and even on Easyjet and Vueling they fit fine in the overhead and nobody cared

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.