Rimowa Cabin vs Cabin plus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2019, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ck, Delta DM, Marriott ambassador , Hertz President, National EE, Hilton Diamond ,

Hi all, i recently just ordered a Rimowa aluminum Cabin Plus.I know people have mixed feelings on the rimowa luggage but i truly do like them. Its a change from my tumi alpha 2 collection. I went to my local department store since no rimowa store is near by, and the cabin plus looked a little big. Seemed similar but bigger than the tumi continental. My question is, will the cabin plus fit into the overhead space. I almost always fly delta and normally on the a320, a321 , 757, 767-300 and occasionally the a330. Mostly NYC- FLL, LAX and MCO. Its supposed to get delivered this week but if people had issues with fitting it, or Gate agents always giving issues i might return in for the regular cabin instead. Looking forward to hear what you all say.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
I don't know the dimensions of those Rimowa cases. But, I can tell you the Rimowa Salsa Air fits in every Delta overhead bin except on the CRJ200. Hope that helps.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 2:49 am

It is 22.1 x 17.8 x 9.9 inches.

DL allows 22 x 14 x 9. So depth and width violate the rules, width by quite a margin.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 4:05 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I have used the cabin and cabin plus without issue on most mainline flights.

I don't typically take the cabin plus on the MD flights though.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: Delta
I have cabin plus but never had an issue with fitting it in the overhead. Also depends where you sit, if you fly C+ or F normally, there usually is enough space for you to put the luggage horizontally even if don’t fit.
bizum likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ck, Delta DM, Marriott ambassador , Hertz President, National EE, Hilton Diamond ,
Originally Posted by Sandyglass
I have cabin plus but never had an issue with fitting it in the overhead. Also depends where you sit, if you fly C+ or F normally, there usually is enough space for you to put the luggage horizontally even if don’t fit.
im normally up front. I ended up buying both and I’ll return one. I’m going to compare it with my TUMI continental and see how they both compare. If it’s much wider looking I’ll go with the regular cabin instead. The continental pushes the limit enough with width on the older 763s which I do transcontinental in.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 1:24 am

scott56 did you end up keeping the plus? did it get passed gate check?
Old Dec 13, 2020, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mahjongmaster
scott56 did you end up keeping the plus? did it get passed gate check?
unfortunately the pandemic hit and my vacations were all cancelled. For my work trips I stuck with my TUMI. I will be trying it out in a month or so
Old Jul 9, 2021, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by scott56
unfortunately the pandemic hit and my vacations were all cancelled. For my work trips I stuck with my TUMI. I will be trying it out in a month or so
what's the verdict?
Old Jul 10, 2021, 3:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by maddyperrier68
what's the verdict?
I would be also interested about a US verdict - I can use mine only on LH/ AF/ BA flights (so mainline) whilst for Easyjet I need to go for the smaller version.

(not flying too often domestically in the States I remember when I was appearing in 2019 for a Delta flight from DTW to EWR and a CR200 appeared - needless to say my Rimowa ended up in the hold. Not a problem for me who likes to see bumps on them but my Mrs gave me a hard time as in her opinion they need to be without any scratches
Old Jul 10, 2021, 7:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I've never had a problem with the Plus, though it is definitely oversized. I do prefer my IATA (which also looks much cooler) and use it about 10x more often. I think the Away bigger bag is an overall better choice than the Plus if you need more room.
sea_jeff and Adelphos like this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 7:45 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
The Cabin is a proper carry-on size. It even fits on the CRJ-200 which is exactly IATA dimensions.

The Cabin-plus is basically for Americans since US airlines never enforce their own rules...
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:02 pm

Rimowa Cabin Plus fits in Embraer 175

Recently purchased a Rimowa Cabin Plus. Flew from Houston to Indianapolis on United via Mesa airlines on on an Embraer 175. Suitcase fit directly into the larger overhead. Slid in wheels first with ease. Perfect fit. Had also purchased the Rimowa Cabin and used it on a flight 2 weeks prior and found the size of the Cabin Plus better suited to my needs and returned the Cabin after I realized the Cabin Plus would fit on the smaller planes. Had ordered my wife a Rimowa Cabin S (by accident) and it’s way too small. I returned for her a titanium Cabin Plus.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 7:29 pm

Originally ordered the Cabin and it just seemed way too small for traveling with a carryon only. I ended up returning and purchasing the Cabin Plus Titanium. It is the exact same length and width and probably nearly the same depth or maybe even a hair smaller compared to my fully packed Travelpro that has traveled the world with me on planes of all sizes.

I can recall only one time in Europe many years ago that they forced me to check that TravelPro - probably because I overstuffed it on a 4 week European trip. I'll keep y'all posted! I'll be traveling to Central America and Asia soon. I have pics but cannot upload because I have not posted enough times in the forum.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 12:37 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by panameraxo
Originally ordered the Cabin and it just seemed way too small for traveling with a carryon only. I ended up returning and purchasing the Cabin Plus Titanium. It is the exact same length and width and probably nearly the same depth or maybe even a hair smaller compared to my fully packed Travelpro that has traveled the world with me on planes of all sizes.

I can recall only one time in Europe many years ago that they forced me to check that TravelPro - probably because I overstuffed it on a 4 week European trip. I'll keep y'all posted! I'll be traveling to Central America and Asia soon. I have pics but cannot upload because I have not posted enough times in the forum.
Welcome to Flyertalk and thanks for updating us with how your trip goes to Central America and Asia!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.