Search

Buying a Rimowa carryon in Germany vs Online

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2019, 10:55 am
mhy
Original Poster

Programs: JGC
Buying a Rimowa carryon in Germany vs Online

I'm going to Germany later this month and the lower Rimowa prices there are quite attractive. I'm looking to purchase either the 22-inch classic aluminum carryon or the Essential polycarbonate version.
  • Do koffer24 and these other online stores ship to the US? I can get to the checkout page, but I've read they cancel Rimowa orders to the US? This would be preferable to carving out time to shop in Germany as I am not in a rush.
  • I'm going to be in FRA airport twice, Nuremberg, Leipzig, and Dresden - are there Rimowa stores in any/all of these locations? Is it possible to place an order in advance and pick up?
  • Any disadvantages to buying in Germany? Is the warranty global?
Thanks very much!
Old Nov 19, 2019, 12:20 pm

Koffer24 does not ship to the US but their direct unit, Koffer-Direkt, will ship with appropriate paperwork to the US. FRA airport has the "Lufthansa Worldshop" which will have the bags as a co-branded collaboration between Rimowa and Lufthansa. They are identical to non-Lufthansa bags except for a small logo on the front. This is very easy as you can get it on your departure from Germany and immediately claim the refund.
mhy likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 2:55 pm
mhy
Original Poster

Programs: JGC
Awesome - thanks! I'll take a look at Koffer-Direkt and see how that compares to buying at FRA airport. Otherwise I have a few hours at FRA before my flight back so I can stop by the store. It looks like there's also another store called Airport Boutique which also seems to stock Rimowas - will have to check out both!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.