Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tips for a good travel pillow

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2018, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Tips for a good travel pillow

At the beginning of January, I will have a very long two-stop flight from Bucharest to New York. I have some problems with the cervical spine, especially in the neck area, and my doctor has recommended to buy a good travel pillow? Can you can give some tips?
Nosilauka likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:56 am
vga

Programs: yes
I think you should check something like trtl pillows which can change the shape and adjust you feel comfortable position.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:35 pm

This is what I've been using for several years for long haul flights.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ES1XGNK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:09 pm
Community Director Emerita

I love this inflatable pillow. It doesn't inflate in the back, where you see the ribbing. That means it doesn't push the head forward. It inflates on both sides so it helps support the head. I've used this style of pillow for 20 years or more.

Amazon Amazon
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
I think you should search the forum for all the other thread on the same subject.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:02 pm

here are reviews on travel pillow tested by Smartertravel Editors https://www.smartertravel.com/best-travel-pillows-2018/
Old Nov 21, 2019, 2:04 am

And for me, the best friend during the flights is a Travel Pillow Memory Foam Neck Pillow
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:10 pm

I've also used the Trtl pillow since regular travel pillows don't work well for me. I'd recommend it!
Old Dec 7, 2019, 10:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
I've tried the Woollip travel pillow and it wasn't comfortable for me. Definitely curious abuot the Trtl pillow...may need to give it a try.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 4:58 pm

Programs: BR Gold, MPC Silver
After reading several threads regarding travel pillows, I went ahead and bought TravelRest Ultimate Pillow.
https://www.amazon.com/Travelrest-All-Ultimate-Travel-Pillow/dp/B01GQVGS98?ref_=ast_bbp_dp&th=1&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/Travelrest-All-Ultimate-Travel-Pillow/dp/B01GQVGS98?ref_=ast_bbp_dp&th=1&psc=1

I'm a side sleeper mostly and this pillow worked great for me. It wasnt hard to find a comfortable position and positioning the pillow was very easy.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 12:04 pm

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards
Originally Posted by jobosapien
I've also used the Trtl pillow since regular travel pillows don't work well for me. I'd recommend it!
I have the TRTL plus and highly recommend it. I also find that regular travel pillows don't work for me.
rdh0924 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 8:54 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

I'm using a 4 oz travel pillow that is 800 fill power Hungarian goose down. I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned a down pillow. They're so light and so comfortable and moldable compared to anything else. My pillow is simply amazing and hardly takes up any room! They squish down into the smallest possible space if there's no air. I love real down pillows--I have in the full sized version at home on my beds and guest beds,

I'm actually about to order several for Christmas gifts for my kids. If you need more support, get a pillow with a bit more feathers instead of 100% down.

I'm on the hunt for a pillow cover for it that I can stuff it into (U shaped ok, it will fluff right back up) so that I can sneak it in as an extra carry on item. I've noticed that the Gate Keepers never complain about pillows that are attached to the outside of a suitcase. They are additional carryon items but I've never seen anyone get any grief for having one. Then I'll take it out of the case and let it be rectangular again.
Hoyaheel likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 7:53 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I use a down travel pillow from LLBean. No neck pillow I ever tried worked for me well, and sleeping in a hotel while traveling is more important than the actual airplane sleeping, so I love the small squishy option. It's light and easy to carry or pack.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum. AA and UA as well, but I don't care about them anymore.
Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
I'm using a 4 oz travel pillow that is 800 fill power Hungarian goose down. I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned a down pillow. They're so light and so comfortable and moldable compared to anything else. My pillow is simply amazing and hardly takes up any room! They squish down into the smallest possible space if there's no air. I love real down pillows--I have in the full sized version at home on my beds and guest beds,

I'm actually about to order several for Christmas gifts for my kids. If you need more support, get a pillow with a bit more feathers instead of 100% down.

I'm on the hunt for a pillow cover for it that I can stuff it into (U shaped ok, it will fluff right back up) so that I can sneak it in as an extra carry on item. I've noticed that the Gate Keepers never complain about pillows that are attached to the outside of a suitcase. They are additional carryon items but I've never seen anyone get any grief for having one. Then I'll take it out of the case and let it be rectangular again.
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
I use a down travel pillow from LLBean. No neck pillow I ever tried worked for me well, and sleeping in a hotel while traveling is more important than the actual airplane sleeping, so I love the small squishy option. It's light and easy to carry or pack.
Do either of you have links to those online? I did look for LLBean but they only list a couple air pillows (one is air/polyfill) but no down options.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I am allergic to feather/down so hotel pillows are always a nightmare.

I went on a big pillow search during Covid and ended up getting the big version of this pillow and they rolled out a travel size one earlier this year and it delivers just as well as the big one does at home:

https://www.bearmattress.com/products/bear-mini-pillow

Yes it is pricey but given how terribly I sleep on most of the mediocre foam pillows hotels have available, it's a worthwhile investment for the road

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.