Wiki Posts
Search

Favorite Travel Bag

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2018, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Favorite Travel Bag

Hey Guys,

I'm looking at a travel bag for my trips, and have my eye on the 'Away Everywhere Bag': awaytravel.com/travel-bags/everywhere-bag/black-nylon

I like this bag as I am looking for one which works ALONGSIDE my carry on, fits on top of the handle, and looks professional.

However the price of the away everywhere bag is quite expensive. Are there any other ones you could recommend?

Cheers!
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AA 2MM
I have the Tom Bihn Pilot and I love it - https://www.tombihn.com/collections/...nt=17658166535
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:04 pm

I have both the Tom Bihn Pilot and more recently, the Briggs and Riley 231X cabin bag. The B&R carries a lot more, and I still have yet to have a problem with it being my "personal item" sitting on top of a Rimowa cabin trolley.

Managed to do a 3 week around-the-world trip using just those 2, with space to bring back souvenirs!
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, &c.
I also have, and heartily recommend, the Tom Bihn Pilot. For me, it's big enough to do an overnight business trip (with laptop) as my sole bag (well, usually with a smaller purse-like object, and note that I'm not a suit wearer, although I will bring a second pair of shoes), and there's no problem fitting it under any seat while not taking up all the room under the seat.

It's also otherwise quite functional when I'm not traveling and need to schlep a laptop and lots of stuff. Especially in the halcyon fabric, I like that the bag itself is very lightweight. Adding the Absolute Strap is good for heavier loads.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 1:06 am

Another vote for the Tom Bihn Pilot. I'm constantly amazed how much it holds.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 6:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by JCYC5
I have both the Tom Bihn Pilot and more recently, the Briggs and Riley 231X cabin bag. The B&R carries a lot more, and I still have yet to have a problem with it being my "personal item" sitting on top of a Rimowa cabin trolley.
+1. The B&R 231X is my favourite and most versatile bag. Considered a personal item if not expanded, fits over a rolling bag, works as a laptop bag in professional settings and looks great. It also works on its own for a short overnight trip. Mine has gone around the world a couple of times for business and pleasure and it is the one bag I don't want to travel without.

It is not cheap but it is worth every penny.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:51 pm

Filson Padded Computer Bag. I've got about 150,000 global miles on mine and it looks great. Lots of space for everything I like to carry. Can fit a medium packing cube in there for a 2-day trip to SFO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.