Wiki Posts
Search

best carry on wheeled bag?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

best carry on wheeled bag?

Hi,
I usually travel with my tom bihn tristar which i think is the perfect bag overall. My partner has been using an osprey ozone that is starting to get some wear.

I have been considering a few options.
Eastpak Traverz
Timbuk2 Copilot

Let me say right now I do not want 4 wheeled bags or hard cases.

I am torn between these two right now.
What I am seeing as the pros and cons right now:
Eastpack
pros: clamshell, nice fabric, size, price on amazon
Cons: lacking outer pockets as it only has one
Timbu2
Pros: design, clamshell, great external pockets
Cons: colour choices, price

any thoughts on these or any other suggestions
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:42 pm

Osprey released two updated Ozone carry-ons which has a side opening flap (vs the top to bottom opening flap on original), front outer pocket, back outer pocket, and top zip pocket.
https://www.osprey.com/us/en/category/travel/

I'm still quite fond of my Eagle Creek Load Warrior 22". The current generation has one large front outer pocket and a top zip pocket. The "equipment keeper" bungee is useful for holding a jacket onto my bag. The multitude of handles make it pretty easy to hand carry up/down stairs.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
I tried to do backpack only carryon but found as a frequent business traveler that the pack was too heavy with dress shoes and a suit. Or if I was wearing a suit it was just not business like to wear a giant backpack. Plus it was just soooooo heavy.

I found a soft sidr hartmann 4 wheel 21” that works awesome. It’s super durable and well made and the handle is very thick. It goes up and down very easily and makes it really convenient to pull the Timbuktu messenger bag off it it go up and down stairs in non American travel.

Source: 50-60 International flights a year (twice a month from us to international destinations, then domestic travel abroad)

if you are leisurely traveler only, then this probably doesn’t apply.

Last edited by bballdad175; Aug 25, 2018 at 1:17 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.