Wallet that does not suck?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wallet that does not suck?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2018, 1:59 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond
I've got a Bellroy Note Sleeve which I use solely when travelling (have a work wallet which I use when at home). It's excellent quality, looks good and takes all sizes of currency notes that I've tried (which not all will). I'd happily recommend it. I think the latest version has RFID protection too.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:28 pm
jg3

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Choice PLT, UA Gold.
I have the original Flipside wallet ref'd above. Been using it off and on for more than 6 years and the thing is still solid.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
I have a Finn wallet from SFbags.com that I have been using for a couple years and think it’s great. Mine doesn’t have an outside pocket but I believe some models of it do. I use it as a front pocket wallet. They make several sizes and mine is one of the smaller ones. The largest will take an iPhone X in addition to the other stuff.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond
i carry a raw wallet, it started for just travel but now i daily carry it. lets me carry 6 cards and some cash. its basically elastic so its super easy to get cards in and out of and ultra slim. love it
https://www.amazon.com/Minimalist-Wallet-Credit-Holder-Raw/dp/B015HUQGTG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1528857301&sr=8-5&keywords=raw+wallet
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:37 pm

BASICS Wallet

Old Jun 14, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by Skywalker505
I think the Magpul DAKA™ Everyday Wallet works (except no RFID).
Originally Posted by Cat Man Do
I've had this one since late '16. Has an ID window that would probably work for RFID hotel keys, or one of the regular card slots works too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Lots of wallets seem to have a clear ID pocket... which in theory is great, but I have never once not had the TSA or other ID checker NOT make me remove the card from my wallet... rendering the clear ID pocket useless.
cstu11 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 9:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by LordHamster
Lots of wallets seem to have a clear ID pocket... which in theory is great, but I have never once not had the TSA or other ID checker NOT make me remove the card from my wallet... rendering the clear ID pocket useless.

Yeah, I agree. I used to carry a wallet with a clear ID pocket and almost everyone made me take my license out anyway.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
I got this wallet last year, very compact, holds all the cards and ID that I need, is RFID secure, it is fantastic!!!

https://secrid.com/en
Old Jun 14, 2018, 2:29 pm

I love my Johnston & Murphy Front Pocket wallet, about $50. My last one lasted a few years and then I bought the same one again.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: AA Plat, Nexus
Originally Posted by LordHamster
I don't think I've ever even tried to use an ID without removing it from the slot. It's convenient for at-a-glance "yes I have my ID" check, and sometimes for RFID door keys or transit passes.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 10:55 am
haa

Programs: No more status, free agent now
Originally Posted by Rusearch
I love my Ultra Slim Original from Allett. Highly recommended. I do carry in my from pocket with change, a small pocket knife, and keys. Available on Amazon and here: https://www.all-ett.com/
+1 for Allett, they also have a travel version which fits a passport and 2 piles of cards. I use the small sports model for everyday, fits 8 or so cards and bills etc, and very thin.
Rusearch likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 3:26 am

I have the Nero wallet ultra slim minimalist with rfid protection
I've had it for a while and the quality is great. In day to day use it holds about 9 cards and some bills Between my credit and bank cards, ID drivers license and membership cards, key access cards and so on.
It can easily hold more.
Mines been in near constant use since February 2016 and it's showing nearly no wear at all.
It comes with a rfid protected pocke, all rfid protected pockets and a version with all but one pocket rfid protected leaving a rfid accessible pocket for train card access or other rfid key card access
Old Jun 30, 2018, 4:04 am

Since it’s for everyday use, you might consider spending a bit more for a high quality item.

Montblanc Urban Spirit Pocket 6cc
Old Jul 1, 2018, 8:03 am

When walking in areas known for pickpockets, I have this wallet attached to a loop sewed inside my pants' front pocket. Far more preferable than a hidden wallet under the pants. A couple of cards, bills, coins, hotel keys, camera battery can all be in one place. A bit bulky.

Amazon Amazon

Last edited by getmethere; Jul 1, 2018 at 8:53 am
Old Jul 3, 2018, 6:05 am
Suspended

I have a Ridge wallet. Had it for about a year now. It took time to get used to it, but its simple and easy. I think I paid $45 for the green one...defo worth it..

https://www.ridgewallet.com/

^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.