Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Thoughts on Tumi international 19 degree aluminum?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2018, 6:49 am
Original Poster

I'm looking for a new hard carry on, and the 19 degree aluminum has styling I really like. What are some thoughts on it, and what they look like after some use? I prefer the silver model as that looks like it'll wear better.

How about alternatives in the same price bracket (or lower would be welcome!)
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:48 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Here's a thread with some info. I have the 19 degree aluminum and love it. Let me know if you have any questions not covered in the other thread.

Tumi 19 degree vs Rimowa Topas got carry on
opticalserenity likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I bought the polycarb version of this bag as it is lighter, otherwise the bag is the same. If aluminum isn't a "must" the polycarbonate is still very sharp looking (although harder to find the stores). I can't speak to whether aluminum material is superior for a suitcase since my primary objective is to have a bag which is as light as possible while still having wheels... aluminum bags have never fit that criteria.
opticalserenity likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Consultette
I bought the polycarb version of this bag as it is lighter, otherwise the bag is the same. If aluminum isn't a "must" the polycarbonate is still very sharp looking (although harder to find the stores). I can't speak to whether aluminum material is superior for a suitcase since my primary objective is to have a bag which is as light as possible while still having wheels... aluminum bags have never fit that criteria.
Thanks, I also read through the other thread which I hadn't found before so this is all very helpful. I have several Tumi store near me but I have been unable to find Rimowa locally so I can't put my hands on one.

I also agree I really like the style of the bag so perhaps the polycarbonate is the best way to go for "bang for the buck."

The other decision to make is international vs continental? Most my flights are domestic.

Last edited by opticalserenity; Mar 29, 2018 at 5:02 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.