Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Road Warrior (again) : Best Business Rollaboard?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Road Warrior (again) : Best Business Rollaboard?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services; Bonvoy Ambassador
Road Warrior (again) : Best Business Rollaboard? Rimowa Topas?

Hello all,

I was a road warrior for a dozen years. I came into that job already a devoted Hartmann luggage man. My tweed "suiter" model has probably flown 3 million miles. I think it WAS the perfect case for me.

My tweed model, fwiw, had two zippered compartments: A larger/deeper one on "bottom" and a thinner one on "top" of the case. The tri-fold suiter sleeve fit into the thinner top layer (with one or two suits). Then my eagle creek shirts folder pack slipped into a zippered pocket on the very top/outside of the case (3 shirts easy). My toiletries, shoes, underwear and any casual or exercise clothes fit into the bottom/deep layer. Packed this way, my Hartmann is a fairly large rollaboard . . . but I never had any trouble on any airline in any country.

The truth is that there is nothing wrong with this case today . . . but from what I can tell, Hartmann as we knew it for a century is really a thing of the past. Meanwhile, after a 6 year reprieve, I have taken a new road warrior job (I start in two weeks). I feel the need to refresh my luggage.

I do NOT want a black ballistic bag. I think I can and should have a bit more "style" than the standard. So . . . Rimowa Topas has my attention.

1. Do you all like the Rimowa Topas? Would you steer me to it or away from it?
2. Assuming I get the Topas, is it the 34 or the 32L model? Is there any chance that the 45L model (still 22") is allowed onboard?
3. Finally, how will I pack it? It does not come with a suiter . . . do I buy the Flight 001 version and use it similar to the way I packed my Hartmann? Do I start folding suits? Do I need a modified packing cube with hard sides to make that work?
4. What other advice do you have for me? (I may start another thread tomorrow about briefcases)

Thanks!

Last edited by mc1263; Mar 2, 2018 at 12:16 pm Reason: Better title
Old Jun 28, 2018, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services; Bonvoy Ambassador
Help

I am surprised that nobody has an opinion on best business rolling bag.

My hartmann is dying.

Advice please.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.