Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BR U122CX4 concerned about the suiter

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

BR U122CX4 concerned about the suiter

The time has come for a new carry on, and I've been looking at Briggs & Riley U122CX4. I want to stick with 2 wheels and will primarily travel within the US.
I only ever travel with 1 jacket maximum, and I wear a size 46, trending towards 48.

I'm concerned that the suiter may go unused due to the size of jacket and simply take up space that could otherwise be utilized.

If it were removable, there would be no issue, but as is I am considering something like the Victorinox Werks Traveler LINKsince the suiter is removable.

What's my best bet here, and is there another choice I should consider?
Old Oct 28, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I use that exact suitcase and put dress and sport shirts on wire hangers in the suiter. I wear a blazer or suit jacket on the plane. The suiter itself takes up very little room if it's empty. The shirts come out relatively unwrinkled if I am reasonably careful folding them in the suiter. When I get to my destination, I can pop them right into the closet or, if they need a little de-wrinkling, hang them in the shower.

It seems like a suit coat will take up a fair amount of room in a carry-on whatever the suiter design. In any roll-aboard, a large jacket won't lay flat - the shoulders will have to be folded. If you don't find the suiter convenient, I've seen an inside-out folding technique for jackets that is suppose to minimize wrinkling in the main compartment.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Herrick
The time has come for a new carry on, and I've been looking at Briggs & Riley U122CX4. I want to stick with 2 wheels and will primarily travel within the US.
I only ever travel with 1 jacket maximum, and I wear a size 46, trending towards 48.

I'm concerned that the suiter may go unused due to the size of jacket and simply take up space that could otherwise be utilized.

If it were removable, there would be no issue, but as is I am considering something like the Victorinox Werks Traveler LINKsince the suiter is removable.

What's my best bet here, and is there another choice I should consider?

Understand that the suiter in the U122CX is completely removable, see the zipper on the photo.

Once removed, what remains is just a large and loose zippered pouch, takes up no room whatsoever, you can use it for folded shirts, underwear, iPhone cables, whatever you like.

I never use a hanger for any of my shirts or suit jackets. If you know how to fold your shirts properly and you know how to invert-fold your suit jacket, you will arrive wrinkle free and need no hangers in any part of the equation.

The pants lie nicely on that removable piece if you choose to keep it in place. Fold and put your dress shirts atop the pants before you fold the suiter down to hold the pants in place. Zipper it shut. Invert-fold the jacket, put it in a plastic bag from the dry cleaner, and lie it on the very top of your stuff in the bottom portion of the suitcase.

Watch this video. Execute Method #1. It works. It's a game changer:

Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: Iberia Platino,15x Southwest Companion Pass/ Hilton LT Diamond/ Hertz PC, OWEmerald; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by txirish
I use that exact suitcase and put dress and sport shirts on wire hangers in the suiter. I wear a blazer or suit jacket on the plane. The suiter itself takes up very little room if it's empty. The shirts come out relatively unwrinkled if I am reasonably careful folding them in the suiter. When I get to my destination, I can pop them right into the closet or, if they need a little de-wrinkling, hang them in the shower.

It seems like a suit coat will take up a fair amount of room in a carry-on whatever the suiter design. In any roll-aboard, a large jacket won't lay flat - the shoulders will have to be folded. If you don't find the suiter convenient, I've seen an inside-out folding technique for jackets that is suppose to minimize wrinkling in the main compartment.
I echo everything you said. I have the International Widebody which for a Suit is a slightly "tighter" fit and i fold my jacket.

The key is using the plastic shirt covers from the cleaners the right way. Every component in the Suiter is in its own plastic sleeve and i never have an issue with wrinkling. if you fold the jacket and surround it in plastic it will be great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.