AllBirds Wool Shoes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AllBirds Wool Shoes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by patersob
I am now on my second pair of Allbirds runners. In the first pair my toes started to ware through the end of the shoe within six months. I contacted the company and they gave me a discount on a second pair. I bought the next size up since they run slightly small. I thought this would give me more toe room. I can see the problem will likely occur again. Allbirds needs to seriously reinforce the toe structure. This was in my original complaint. The shoes have no support and feel like slipper socks made of wool. They are very comfortable and easy to clean. But if you need support, forget these shoes. Washer friendly and they do not smell like cotton lined shoes. Great concept but the toe needs to be reinforced. The toe tapper is too severe. It looks cool but who has flat toes. I will likely look for a similar shoe with more toe space.
l am a sucker for these shoes being a Kiwi. The toe is a serious issue. I find wearing them quite a lot after work and on weekends you ware through the lining in about two months. I bought a pair of the slip ons and when right through in a month. The slip ons are narrower and shorter so you need a size up. Fully agree lining and tapper needs addressing. The company offered discount and said they were looking at addressing the toe issue. I think they have said this for a while now. My wife loves her pair but is also going through the toe. Whilst socks would give longevity that is not the point of the shoe.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta PM
I guess I don't wear them as much as ya'll, because after 6 months mine are fine. Haven't washed them yet (need to), and can report that you do NOT want to get stuck in the rain with them.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Diamond, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Club Carlson Gold
Hopefully this isn't too cheesy guys but I have done a thorough review on my travel experience with my AllBirds. I love them and I think they might just be the perfect travel shoe and thought you might like to read the review: The Perfect Travel Shoe? AllBirds Review - PointsNerd
Old Jun 8, 2018, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by NYCRachel
Have a pair. Don't love them.

They wear out quickly, although I think they've since slightly redesigned them.

To be honest, I find my Adidas "cloudfoam" sneakers much more comfortable and they actually support your foot (arch and heel). Cuter too.
Cloudfoam is also a great choice but I personally find allbirds shoe very comfortable. I mostly use them for running and they can be washed in the machine. So no problem for me. You can read this detailed allbirds review from wetriedit for your convenience.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 6:59 am

Got my size 11 men’s wool runners a week ago and have been wearing them with socks ever since. I love them except for one thing. The right shoe feels really tight. My left foot is 10.5 and feels great, but my right foot is 11C and it feels uncomfortably snug. I can’t see the point of going to 12 because then the left shoe would be way too big. Is there a chance the right shoe will stretch enough for it to feel as comfortable as the left or should I just return them? Thanks
Old Jul 14, 2018, 5:24 pm

I recently got the women's Tree Skippers. These are the ones that aren't wool. Wow I found them really uncomfortable. They fit length wise, but the toe box was extremely shallow top to bottom, causing my big toes to be compressed from the top, not the front. Sizing up wouldn't do any good as my heels slipped right out of the shoe when I walked. Within a short time wearing them around the house my toenail beds felt sore. I could see my toes poking through the shoes on top, so even if I decided to try to break them in I think they would wear through quickly. It's not like my toenails are weirdly long or anything, actually I keep them pretty short. I wanted these to work, but I had to return them.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Erica Lewis
Cloudfoam is also a great choice but I personally find allbirds shoe very comfortable. I mostly use them for running and they can be washed in the machine. So no problem for me. You can read this detailed allbirds review from wetriedit for your convenience.
PS I'm now a convert to the brand APL. Their style is somewhat similar to Allbirds. So unbelievably comfy. Apparently their basketball sneakers were banned by the NBA for giving players an unfair advantage.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by NYCRachel
PS I'm now a convert to the brand APL. Their style is somewhat similar to Allbirds. So unbelievably comfy. Apparently their basketball sneakers were banned by the NBA for giving players an unfair advantage.

Only the shoes with Load 'N Launch technology were banned. This was not the first shoe banned by the NBA.

"“Load ‘N Launch®” technology works in concert with the rest of the shoe so that there is uniformity in the compression or the pressure that the athlete exerts down onto the device itself and through the midsole of the shoe, which is the “load” cycle. After all the compression elements are fully flexed, there is an explosive “launch” cycle that results when all of that compression is released. The result is an instant increase in vertical leap."
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Original wool

I adore my Allbirds..I have converted my whole family to them. Washed them often. The tree Runners don't appeal to me at all.

For those with toe issues--order up a bit. I'. a 9.5 and I love the 10s.

Hardly a trip goes by when someone doesn't say "Are those AllBirds? Are they great?"
TheMadBrewer likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:09 am

Didn’t work for me

Bought the wool runners yesterday at the SF store. I was hoping for the slip-ons but they just looked too much like slippers to me.

I wore them for a walk for about an hour and had to take them off. My feet were in pain and I had big blisters on one heel. Maybe I should have gone a size up but the salesperson said the wool ones would stretch a bit and I was slipping out of the larger size a bit. I think my feet really need a half-size in these shoes, which they don’t make.

YMMV and a lot of people seem to love these, but mine are going back.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta PM
I broke mine in while wearing socks for a week or so - otherwise they dug into my back heel. They were fine after that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.