Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Pants for Travel - Recommendations Needed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:50 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by crp5
Casting my vote for LuLuLemon ABC pants....highly breathable, stretch. Material and just look good. They are my go to pants for long travel days.

https://shop.lululemon.com/p/men-pan...or=32476&sz=34
Amen.
Have numerous pairs of these, they are my go to pants when shorts are inappropriate.
Igene likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by taupo
Amen.
Have numerous pairs of these, they are my go to pants when shorts are inappropriate.
They're worth every penny.

I have similar "performance slacks" from Under Armour, Nike, Izod, etc. Lululemon pants are $30-$50 more per pair, but they're just so good.

You can occasionally find them on discount/resale websites for less than $75.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
For me, on international or longer trips I end up wearing golf pants due to the fabric and comfort (yet still look dressy). I've even worn my curling pants on winter flights as well, a bit warmer of course than lighter fabric golf pants. The new Under Armour golf pants are great; just make sure you pick up a decent web belt.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
There are many pants these days with a touch of elastene in them. Any of those that fit you work great. I found a jeans brand (William rast) and bought about 5 pairs in different colors (black, raw and blue) and they are my go to travel pants. Pretty much any decent brand will have a model with elastene...

some of my colleagues love their LuLuLemon pants.

Source: 50–60 flights a year mostly international

Last edited by bballdad175; Aug 25, 2018 at 10:51 am
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
Originally Posted by OneHourPhoto
Best pants for traveling (or any day) are Prana. Every time I am flying non-business reasons and just tooling around on weekends. These are my go-to. Super comfortable. No ironing.

My favorite are the Prana Brion pants.

Never wore them, but the Prana Stretch Zion pants has some additional side pocket(s)
Originally Posted by rickg523
Another vote for Prana Brion. The best.
Originally Posted by SkyForce6
Prana Brion's are comfortable, stylish and wrinkle free as well as light weight pants. So they have a lot going for them as far as travelling goes. But they lack the tactical and practical aspect of having many pockets to carry gear you want to carry without having to use a bag/back pack. And the thread starter wanted pants with many pockets.

The closest one can get style wise to the Brion's in the cargo pants world is probably the Mantarays from Debenhams : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mantaray-M...JFQVTjN7dF35Lw

They have a little tighter fit and less bulging pockets then what is typical for cargo's.
I have a question about these, they're described as "slim fit" on the website and this fella has rather big thighs so slim fit can be a problem. they don't look too slim on the pictures. what are your thoughts as wearers of these?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:11 am

North Face FTW

My favourite brand for any travel clothes is definitely North Face. They are always reliable and hold enough pockets for all your belongings.

The pants are also waterproof!
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
+1 Another vote for Prana. If you order online you can get varieties without the cargo pockets—I'll wear those on my business trips.
Old Jul 9, 2023, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Refreshing this thread to see if there is any new advice. Am looking for travel pants that can be worn walking/touring during the day, but also to dinner, able to wash and dry in hotel room if needed. Any experience with "Unbound Merino"?
Old Jul 10, 2023, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Keep in mind that polyester will melt on your legs if you need to evacuate through burning fuel. It is much better to have natural fibers, which are heat resistant.

Or you could wear the same Nomex long underwear race car drivers do, with gloves and a hood for takeoff and landing.
abaheti likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Keep in mind that polyester will melt on your legs if you need to evacuate through burning fuel. It is much better to have natural fibers, which are heat resistant.

Or you could wear the same Nomex long underwear race car drivers do, with gloves and a hood for takeoff and landing.
Avoid molten legs, check. Good advice.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 10:14 am

Interesting g comments here! I like to be comfortable but not commit a crime against sartorial humanity. For very long haul flights, I always take a pair of lightweight joggers to change into on the plane. For shorter flights, my personal favourites are LuluLemon ABC Trousers - excellent fit and design, and look almost good enough to wear for a b business meeting
Igene likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 12:04 pm

FYI, after much research, have settled into a few options -- Vuori META, Bluffworks, Kuhn. Unfortunately, the sizing has not worked for me which is a bummer but I like all three options. Aviator jeans and air merino t-shirts fantastic. Unbound Merino button up (100% wool) and Aviator (50% wool) button up also fantastic.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 12:56 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Traveling extensively for work. So far my experiences for the pants:

Jack Archer Pants: My favorite so far, Iron free, form fitting, easy to pair with business casual attire. Does not fade or wear out much. My go to travel pants now.

BYLT: No bueno. Fades so quick after the first wash and wrinkles pretty easily. Would not recommend.

Patagonia: Work jeans: Wears out and fades in about 6 months of use. The inner thigh is fraying from walking and the back pocket has a faded outline of wear my wallet is located.

Bonobos: Wrinkles too easily, and material is thin; wears out in about 6 months. Had a hole in my back pocket.
Rusearch, beachmouse and abaheti like this.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 10:25 pm

Ended up w Kuhl pants and Metas after all once I went to a store and found the right fit. Highly recommend those and the Aviator jeans. FWIW, my wife is loving Kuhl as well.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 7:14 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Found "Member's Mark Benton Pants" at Sam's Club. It's their house brand.

These are $14 - $16 and are very close in looks to Lululemon ABC pants. The material is thinner, but all of the other design aspects are quite close. The inseams run short, which I guess is the style nowadays. But, for literally 15% of the cost of ABC pants, these are a screaming deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.