Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experience with Proteca?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2017, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Experience with Proteca?

Hi, I'm hoping to buy a new full-sized checked bag and am looking between either a Rimowa polycarbonate suitcase or a suitcase from the Japanese brand Proteca (specifically their Equinox light style). I wanted to know if anyone had experience with this product/brand, particularly relative to either the Rimowa Salsa deluxe or the Rimowa Limbo. Thank you!
Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:25 am
Suspended

Programs: DL 1MM Dia, AA Plat, UA 1MM Gold, HHonors LT Dia, Marriott/SPG LT Plat Prem
Originally Posted by jamesscalise
Hi, I'm hoping to buy a new full-sized checked bag and am looking between either a Rimowa polycarbonate suitcase or a suitcase from the Japanese brand Proteca (specifically their Equinox light style). I wanted to know if anyone had experience with this product/brand, particularly relative to either the Rimowa Salsa deluxe or the Rimowa Limbo. Thank you!
The Protecta bags are great! At the company I work for, it's become the go to line. When I need a new bag, I will be going that route.

1. They are very highly rated for quality and low defect rate..... (top 5 of bags made to warranty claims each year the last 10 years).
2. Same makers as Zero Halliburton.

I have 3 co-workers now that have specifically made layovers in Tokyo or Hong Kong so they can replace luggage with Protecta (The other 2 got theirs at the Travel Goods Show). (Two of them jumping ship from B&R to Protecta.) Out of the 5 co-workers that have the brand (which is very unique in the US) not a single person has had a single issue with any of the bags, and they are all traveling 60-80% of the time for work.

3 of them have bags from the 360 line (I just asked them for the purpose of this post), 1 has the Staria, but I have no feedback on the Equinox specifically.

It would be nice if they had a US dealer network......
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:47 am

I have both and prefer Proteca

I have both rimowa and proteca and prefer proteca hands down. Lighter, easier to maneuver, more spacious. The rimowa looks great but it is much heavier and I find myself going to the proteca more often

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.