Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Early 2000's Hartmann Luggage Warranty language??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:41 pm
cl_
Original Poster

I own a Hartmann carry on purchased in 2003. When I purchased it, it had a lifetime warranty

Over the years, Hartmann has sent replacement wheel assemblies several times, at no cost to me. I would call them, they would look me up, mail the wheels, and it took me about 5 minutes and a phillips head to replace the thing.

Fast forward to now, my traveling has been sparse, so I've gone 5+ years with no wheel replacement. Apparently Hartmann has been sold. The company now claims they will repair it under warranty if I
1. I pay for the cost of the parts;
2. I pay to mail them the suitcase;
3. I pay for the return mail
They claim they no longer make the wheels and cannot mail me part.

This seems ridiculous for a lifetime warranty. Does anyone happen to have a copy of the Hartmann warranty language from about 2003?

I'm inclined to attempt the You-Tube inline skate wheel repair...or buy a $5 wheel and bearing kit from ebay. Suggestions?
Old Oct 29, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott LTT + Ambassador
personally, I would just take it to a luggage repair shop and see what they could do to fix it .....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.