Wiki Posts
Search

Thoughts on new Briggs Riley Navy?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2016, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Thoughts on new Briggs Riley Navy?

Hi all,

I've been eyeing a new set of bags for a while, and was determined to get Briggs Riley as my next set - planning to get the large, medium and carry-on in the same color/style.

Baseline is what I'll go for, but I just noticed that B&R is releasing a Navy color too (http://www.briggs-riley.com/special/...imited-edition).

What are your thoughts on the Briggs Riley luggage in Navy? I like the color, it looks nice and rich, but worried about scuffs and scratches that may appear and are hard to remove. Perhaps anyone who's had Baseline in Olive can comment on their experience?

Thanks
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:41 am

To my knowledge all the B&R bags (in fabric) are ballistic nylon so scuffs should come off with a rag and water or mild detergent, laundry detergent if necessary.

We brought a brown 29er since it was on sale and, with a few continents on it, it's got a few scuffs. The only one I've ever bothered to clean came right off with a damp cloth. Of course it's only ever been checked so it's seen a lot of wear. Anything ballistic nylon carry-on should be zero problems.

I may not be the best judge as I really don't care about my checked luggage scuffs unless they're big and/or look like they're grease that could get on something.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA - EXP 2.3 MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold, recovering UA Premier
Originally Posted by trynix
What are your thoughts on the Briggs Riley luggage in Navy? I like the color, it looks nice and rich, but worried about scuffs and scratches that may appear and are hard to remove. Perhaps anyone who's had Baseline in Olive can comment on their experience?
I had a Baseline in black, and other than scuffs on the plastic feet it looked as good as new. My main bag right now is a B&R Transcend (mid-range line, got it as a special at Costco) in forest green. It's a bit darker than the B&R olive, but it's not black by any stretch of the imagination. It's logged about 400,000 miles without any really visible scuffs, even when I take it to Hawaii and have the heavy white zinc oxide paste on my hands.

Blue is my favorite color -- my sunglasses are blue flash mirrored, my main jacket is a blue Arc'teryx Gamma, I don't care what color my iPhone is because I put it in a blue Otterbox... so yeah, I'm buying a domestic carry on bag tomorrow when they go on sale. :-)
Old Oct 4, 2016, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Looks like it's only a limited number of Baseline models that come in the navy color.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 7:44 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Love the look of the blue bags but hate that it only seems to come in spinners (other than the small cabin bag). My family has multiple B&R's and the only scuffs I get are on the plastic around the wheels.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
My two main B&R pieces are Rainforest. I wish I would have bought a couple more matching pieces when I bought these as that color was discontinued (I got this at a famous luggage shop in LA for a VERY good price) and the olive green is much lighter (not that I really care )
My point is, if you fancy a color buy what you will really need while it is still in production if you want matching pieces.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.