Wiki Posts
Search

Rollerboard with specific Requirements

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2016, 4:02 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Rollerboard with specific Requirements

I've read up on this for a few hours yesterday including the Tumi vs Briggs thread here. My requirements

2 Wheels (easier for running)
Meetings domestic bag limits for airlines
Don't care about laptop pockets, not a good place to put it
Reasonable quality
Don't like TravelPro because they tip over

I was settled on the Briggs Transcend but then I read it doesn't fit in the bin for some airlines.

Does anyone have any suggestions. Anything I'm not thinking about?
Old Oct 2, 2016, 9:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Nobody?
Old Oct 3, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: UA gold, Hyatt Plat Marriott silver,Hilton Gold, PC Plat., SPG Gold.,Hertz Gold, Global Entry
A couple of years ago I was in the same predicament. This was after my second Travel pro failed me again. After looking at Tumi, Red Oxx. Tom Bihn and a few others I settled on a B&R CX122 baseline series. It fits in all the overhead bins on the planes I have been on except RJ's. It has traveled the world with me, and still looks like a new bag. I would go with the baseline CX122. YMMV.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
If you can afford it, this

https://www.worldshop.eu/en/product/...lley/1748505?2

Comes with a nice Lufthansa logo and the inside lining is also Lufthansa branded
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by powerlifter
A couple of years ago I was in the same predicament. This was after my second Travel pro failed me again. After looking at Tumi, Red Oxx. Tom Bihn and a few others I settled on a B&R CX122 baseline series. It fits in all the overhead bins on the planes I have been on except RJ's. It has traveled the world with me, and still looks like a new bag. I would go with the baseline CX122. YMMV.
I did the same analysis and considered the CX given our luck with our 29er B&R, but over the past year, for me, I've fully switched to Tom Bihn carry-on only. The overhead of wheel aboard frame, handle, and wheels slowed me down more than helped. I actually did some experiments with cheaper bags for about a year to find the right mix and carry-on only ended up winning the day.

I can carry 4 suits and 5 days of clothes in a TB A45 backpack style, to which I add the Western Flyer, Night Flight Travel Duffle, or the Pilot as my personal item depending on the trip. With that set up I've yet to find someone with a similar load who can move through an airport, train station, or hotel faster than me.

I actually was just on a flight that was diverted to Denver and they had to rebook all of the connections which caused a huge back up at the check-in counter. People with their rollerbags were all stuck in a line.... I just went up and over the seats and was on my way, made my connection with a few minutes to spare and no worries about overhead space
Old Oct 4, 2016, 10:49 pm

*Rollaboard (or roll-aboard).

Sorry, pet peeve. The rest of you (lucky enough to not be bothered by this kind of thing) can go on with your lives.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by bobert24
*Rollaboard (or roll-aboard).
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.