Reload this Page >

New Redoxx Mini Boss--Wow!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Redoxx Mini Boss--Wow!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Very nice!

Originally Posted by txflyer77
I just got back from a four-night business trip with only this bag. Managed to fit:

* 2 button down shirts
* 1 t-shirt
* 4 undershirts/socks/underwear
* 1 pair chinos
* Swimsuit
* Workout shorts
* 15" MacBook Pro + charger
* Flashlight
* iPhone charger
* Freedom Baggie
* Toiletry kit
* Small notebook + pen
* Glasses case
* Energy bars
* Magazines
* Kindle

The shirts, undershirts, pants, swimsuit and workout shorts all went in a packing cube (17x12.75x3.25) which I placed in the main compartment. Flashlight and cables went in the organizer pouch.

Socks and underwear went in another packing cube (14x5x3) which I placed in the bottom of the laptop compartment. Toiletry kit and liquids bag went on top of that, with my glasses case and MBP charger on top of those. Laptop in its slot, Kindle in the outer pocket with magazines and various papers.

That left the bag just about full. There were a few inches left to spare in the bag but not much. This was my first time taking it on a full week-long trip and I was pleased to see I'll no longer need my full-sized Air Boss on these trips. ^

I used it as my daily laptop bag on the trip, which meant a 20-minute walk down Market St. in San Francisco twice a day. I was afraid it might be burdensome for that but turned out not to be an issue at all, though it is large for this purpose so you have to be a bit careful if you're wearing it on your back and trying to fit in a tight elevator.

Also, I think I got the very last bit of overhead space on my return flight. Definitely could not have fit a larger bag in the remaining slot.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:22 pm

I recently received a new Mini Boss and have just used it for a 2-day business trip. I was able to pack:
  • 2 business shirts, 2 ties
  • 1 pair tailored trousers
  • 2 sets underwear & socks
  • gym top, shorts, socks
  • Virbam Five fingers gym shoes
  • Gucci loafers
  • Wash kit
  • MacBook Pro 15 inch
  • Kindle
  • Chargers/adaptors
Eagle Creek Pack ItŪ folder and half-cube were essential for packing and organising. The laptop sleeve is adequate, but the interior zip-pocket is only useful for phones and thin items. I bought the superior Long HaulerŪ strap with the bag, and its very comfortable. Like others, I find the exterior zip-pockets frustrating. They are not easy to access when the handles and snapped together, and can only hold flat documents. I was able to put my passport, itinerary and newspaper inside them.
Overall I think this is a good, but not great bag. The construction and materials are first rate, and the size is ideal for short trips. I think the bag would benefit from some more organiser pouches and an accessible external pocket for phones, passport travel documents etc
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:14 pm

The Flip Side Of The Coin

Originally Posted by Flying Oncologist
Like others, I find the exterior zip-pockets frustrating. They are not easy to access when the handles and snapped together, and can only hold flat documents. I was able to put my passport, itinerary and newspaper inside them.
Overall I think this is a good, but not great bag. The construction and materials are first rate, and the size is ideal for short trips. I think the bag would benefit from some more organiser pouches and an accessible external pocket for phones, passport travel documents etc
That is why some like vanilla and others chocolate, I REALLY like the handle on the RedOxx bags and the snap closure. Using an example, one of my many RedOxx bags is the Metro briefcase and 99% of the time I use the handle and not the shoulder strap and like having the handle closure for comfort and security. It is only a matter of developing mental mechanics to access any of the pockets. I am am in and out of the bag a ton of times daily. It has zip pockets as well and I have yet to lose a thing. Using another example, the closure for the handles is also great for being able to stick a jacket or sweater through and not having it fall out. I used to feel the way you do about organizer pouches and pockets, particularly with my RedOxx Gator until I realized over time how much versatility it gives you. I also bought an inexpensive insert from Amazon that I can stick in the bag when I want to add interior pockets and pouches. It works really well when I need it.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by Flying Oncologist
I recently received a new Mini Boss and have just used it for a 2-day business trip. I was able to pack:
  • 2 business shirts, 2 ties
  • 1 pair tailored trousers
  • 2 sets underwear & socks
  • gym top, shorts, socks
  • Virbam Five fingers gym shoes
  • Gucci loafers
  • Wash kit
  • MacBook Pro 15 inch
  • Kindle
  • Chargers/adaptors
Eagle Creek Pack ItŪ folder and half-cube were essential for packing and organising. The laptop sleeve is adequate, but the interior zip-pocket is only useful for phones and thin items. I bought the superior Long HaulerŪ strap with the bag, and its very comfortable. Like others, I find the exterior zip-pockets frustrating. They are not easy to access when the handles and snapped together, and can only hold flat documents. I was able to put my passport, itinerary and newspaper inside them.

I think in general Red Oxx bags have more room and less built in organization and Tom Bihn have relatively less room and better organizational features. I like both but find them a bit different in style.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
On the verge on of buying a Mini Boss

My luggage obsession is endless. Thanks to all who have posted on this thread.
Hottub Cowboy likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by oldpenny16
My luggage obsession is endless. Thanks to all who have posted on this thread.

I'm telling myself, "don't, don't, don't, don't, don't, don't, don't, don't"
Old May 22, 2018, 9:58 pm

Programs: United - Marriott - Hertz - AMEX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.