Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

"No Jet Lag" Flight Fatigue Remedy Tablets vs. Ambien?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2015, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Hello,

I saw these "No Jet Lag" Flight Fatigue tablets in a luggage store the other day and then looked up on Amazon to see they had beyond stellar reviews from folks that they seemed to work for the most part. My question is I have some long haul flights coming up and already got some Ambien. Can these both be taken in conjunction with each other? When trying to get sleep on a flight and having reduced jet lag or is that not a good idea to take both?
Old Dec 12, 2015, 2:39 pm

More like TicTacs going incognito in my experience...

I, too, had high hopes for the NoJet Lag pills; the reviews sounded great. I'm not a really frequent flyer like some folks here, but in the past year I had two round trips from California to Europe, both in Coach.

For trip number one and its return, Mom (age 81) and I both popped the NoJet Lag pills exactly on the recommended schedule. On the second round trip I skipped them. Frankly, I don't think there was any difference for me in end result on either trip. I had terrible jet lag heading from east to west on the return the first year *with* the little white chewable pills and no jet lag heading the same direction in 2015. I was never able to doze or sleep either. Go figure.

Here's my flight account of the first long flight *with* the NoJet Lag pills:
https://rivercruisenewbie.wordpress....ne-no-kidding/

And here it is without the NoJet Lag pills:
http://oceancruisenewbie.com/2015/05...oops-im-lying/

Of course, as always, your mileage may vary and the cost is certainly not that much too fuss about in case it *does* work for you. Next time? It's Ambien for me, I think... With the "homeopathic" nature of the NoJet Lag pills, I can't imagine there'd be a counter-effect between them and Ambien, but I'm certainly no physician...
Old Dec 12, 2015, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
I've found a french brand of anti-jet-lag medication to work best for me:

It is sold under the generic name "Chardonay"
Old Dec 12, 2015, 7:14 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by LordHamster
I've found a french brand of anti-jet-lag medication to work best for me:

It is sold under the generic name "Chardonay"
If we're talking French anti jet lag, oxomemazine ( cough medicine - in Humex toux seche) is my favorite. But my darn husband finished our last bottle and we have no trips to France scheduled :-(
Old Dec 12, 2015, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Hello,

I saw these "No Jet Lag" Flight Fatigue tablets in a luggage store the other day and then looked up on Amazon to see they had beyond stellar reviews from folks that they seemed to work for the most part. My question is I have some long haul flights coming up and already got some Ambien. Can these both be taken in conjunction with each other? When trying to get sleep on a flight and having reduced jet lag or is that not a good idea to take both?
They're homeopathic. Might as well take a sugar pill.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 8:02 pm

Programs: CX GO, TSA Pre✓ Afflictions: TSASS
Can these both be taken in conjunction with each other? When trying to get sleep on a flight and having reduced jet lag or is that not a good idea to take both?
You can combine "No Jet Lag" pills with anything you want, because NJL pills are homeopathic, which means they are just a placebo. They have exactly ZERO molecules of active ingredient. It's just a plain sugar pill and nothing else.

A short video on the effectiveness of homeopathic "remedies":

Old Dec 13, 2015, 1:03 pm

For all those who think homeopathic remedies work, I usually recommend that they fly Homeopathic Airlines, who fly homeopathic 737's (diluted to 30C, so no actual airplane parts remain).
Old Dec 13, 2015, 1:06 pm

Hello,

might be best to ask your doctor/pharmacist
Old Dec 13, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by patpatpatme
might be best to ask your doctor/pharmacist
There's no need to ask your doctor or pharmacist. Just look at their website. There's nothing in the pill but sugar. Homeopathic "medicine" believes that you should dilute a drug as much as possible. The more you dilute the "active" ingredients, the more effective it is. They measure their dilution in something called a C scale. The website says that it has five plant ingredients, things like camomile tea leaf, etc, diluted to 30C.

In the homeopathy scale 30C means ten to the minus 60. That means that only 1/100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000 of the pill is composed of innocuous plant stuff like camomile tea leaf, and the other 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 9999999999999999% of the pill is sugar.

That's why their website says you can take it with any other medicine, you can take it if you are pregnant, you can give it to babies, and it's impossible to overdose on it. I guess if you took all of the pills at once you might get as much sugar as if you ate a cookie, but that's all that could possibly happen.

Remember, homeopathy is a medical philosophy developed in the 1700's. It's amazing there is still no way to regulate stuff like this.

Last edited by Perche; Dec 13, 2015 at 8:14 pm
Old Dec 13, 2015, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
I cannot see how any medication, homeopathic, OTC or prescription can address the root cause of jetlag, ergo the difference between the local time your body is in and the home time zone your body thinks it is in. Yes there are sleep aids that can help you sleep when you should be awake, but at the end of the day your body is going to take approximately 1 day for every timezone hour your body has moved to adjust.

What can help mitigate the effects is, getting up closer to the time you will get up in your new TZ as you get towards departure. For me going US west coast to Europe, this means getting up at say 3:00 AM, 2:00 AM and 1:00AM as I get towards the departure day. This means you are closer to your TZ as departure day arrives. It is a brutal approach though!
Old Dec 14, 2015, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by timfountain
I cannot see how any medication, homeopathic, OTC or prescription can address the root cause of jetlag, ergo the difference between the local time your body is in and the home time zone your body thinks it is in. Yes there are sleep aids that can help you sleep when you should be awake, but at the end of the day your body is going to take approximately 1 day for every timezone hour your body has moved to adjust.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...l-jet-lag.html
Old Dec 16, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: CO UA
Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
Yes, I've used that before. It works for keeping you awake. But it doesn't give you the mental acuity and sharpness that another type of stimulant (like Adderall / amphetamines) would. It also lasts for 16 hours, which may or may not be desirable for you.

There are really two issues with jetlag:
1) You can't sleep at ideal times, which means you're unrested.
2) You can't be awake / alert when you need to be, which means you're not sharp.

For the sleep, Ambien did the trick for me. Knocks you out for a good 6-8 hours.

For the wakefulness, I preferred Adderall (amphetamine salts) over Provigil (modafinil). Adderall lasts for about 12 hours (so you can be un-drugged for a few hours in the evening to relax), gives you mental acuity for your business meetings while overseas, and is readily available as a generic.

Travelling overseas is equivalent to shift-work with inconsistent schedules... like a doctor or policeman that gets scheduled to work evenings one month, and then daytime shifts the next month. Find a doctor that treats people that do shift-work, and they should have experience relevant to jetlag related to international travel.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Placebo effect is quite real therefore homeopathic etc stuff may have an effect on those who believe in it...
As for real medicine, I like zzzquil now which is milder than ambien and helps to feel drowsy and fall asleeo when needed.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 1:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...lag-pills.html
Old Dec 22, 2015, 7:15 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by azepine00
Placebo effect is quite real therefore homeopathic etc stuff may have an effect on those who believe in it...
As for real medicine, I like zzzquil now which is milder than ambien and helps to feel drowsy and fall asleeo when needed.
I've heard that 90% of Jet lag is half mental.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.