Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetComfy Travel Pillow introduction

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2015, 11:40 am
Original Poster

JetComfy Travel Pillow introduction

I have received the approval of Moderator Wharvey for this thread.

Hi frequent flyers! I wanted to share a new and innovative travel pillow with you, as well as answer any questions you may have. I welcome any feedback, positive and negative. (All types of feedback help us improve our product line)

JetComfy Travel Pillow demo clip:

I have spent the last 2 years studying every travel pillow on the market, and found that all lack one important feature: external support of your head.

Almost every travel pillow is just a "wedge" to put between your head/neck and your shoulder, which does not take any weight off your body while you rest. JetComfy solves this by directing the weight of your head into the armrest and cradling your face with 2" of memory foam, our test users have told us it feels like they are lying down!

JetComfy was on both CBS and ABC news showing how the product was invented:

http://www.cbs8.com/story/29956942/s...ntion-will-fly

http://www.10news.com/news/san-diega...rtunity-082515

JetComfy is available for a special presale price at www.jetcomfy.com and the coupon code FLYER10 will save you 10%. Our estimated ship date is February.

I will leave this thread open to Q&A for anyone who wants to learn more about our product!

Specifications:

Size - 8.5" x 5" x 3" (folded up)
Weight - About 9 ounces
Materials - Microfleece pillow case, memory foam, ABS plastic, lightweight aluminum pole

Last edited by JetComfy; Oct 21, 2015 at 11:45 am
Old Oct 21, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Mariott Platinum (UA SI) Avis First, National Executive
Looks like that would be a problem on any seat other than window (assuming that you got an armrest by the window) since the user will be into the next person's space...
Old Oct 21, 2015, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

That's a common question we get! Here is a pic to show how it actually keeps you in your own space. Because it is so adjustable, you can take advantage of an empty seat next to you, or if you are stuck in the middle you can keep yourself centered in your seat.

Old Oct 21, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Mariott Platinum (UA SI) Avis First, National Executive
Originally Posted by JetComfy
That's a common question we get! Here is a pic to show how it actually keeps you in your own space. Because it is so adjustable, you can take advantage of an empty seat next to you, or if you are stuck in the middle you can keep yourself centered in your seat.

The clamp encroaches on the other person's side on the armrest...
Old Oct 21, 2015, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

It actually opens up the armrest for the neighbor because it keeps you from needing it for your arm. In which picture do you see more available armrest space (left or right)?

Look at it this way:

Window seat: use the window side armrest

Aisle seat: use the aisle side armrest

Middle seat: proper flight etiquette dictates the middle seat has priority over both armrests. Even so, we designed the clamp to be very non-intrusive to your neighbors. We have flight tested it almost 1 million miles and never had a complaint from a neighbor (we even ask them if it bothers them).
Old Oct 21, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by IflyfromABE
The clamp encroaches on the other person's side on the armrest...
I totally agree, any after market device added to a seat that encroaches on the neighbours side is totally unacceptable in my opinion. The flight attendant would support that view too I'm sure.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 3:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
From the photos it looks like it would take a few millimeters from your side . Chill. I like the idea very much, I even posted this before the owner showed up

For me, this is not for economy -- I do not fit and do not fly in plain economy seats in long haul. When coming home, I prefer Icelandair/Air Transat/Westjet business because of the price and for those old recliner seats this means a nice nap. Heck, I booked two seats with Norwegian this summer for the long haul home and that meant I did not even have a neighbor to complain and even so it was ridiculously cheap.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Looks like the ball joint (?) at the bottom is quite versatile to allow for maximum range of motion. If I am in an exit row, using this, and need to evacuate is it going to fall forward and block the exit?

Yes, yes I know most exit rows have tray/ solid armrests and this won't work, but it's worth asking.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

The ball joint does allow for a very wide range of positioning. It also has some friction built in so it holds its position when you lift your head from the pillow - so no it won't fall forward and block the exit row. It only weighs 8 ounces so even a small child could move it out of the way if it was blocking their escape route

Also, the strap is totally optional! I used JetComfy on several "solid" seats without the strap. The inside of the armrest bracket is lined with grippy rubber so just the weight of your head keeps it firmly planted. The strap feature was kept because it is also handy to strap it to the handle of your carry-on bag.

We have been refining this design for over 2 years and heard countless concerns, which we have used to make our product the best it can be. I appreciate your feedback!
Old Oct 22, 2015, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by chx1975
From the photos it looks like it would take a few millimeters from your side . Chill.
My post wasn't meant to sound cross, definitely chilled, I just don't like the idea of "strap-ons", if you'll pardon the phrase, to existing seating

Last edited by Matrick; Oct 22, 2015 at 5:19 am Reason: typo
Old Oct 22, 2015, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Matrick - Thank you for sharing your view on the strap I will work on getting some better pics showing the seat interface with and without the strap. Do you think the strap should be removeable from the device for people that don't want the strap?
Old Oct 22, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
It only weighs 8 ounces so even a small child could move it out of the way if it was blocking their escape route
If I need to evacuate a plane I don't want a gum wrapper on the ground, or a copy of the in flight magazine blocking my escape. Moving something out of the way is not part of the plan, this is why FA's are so strict on bags being stowed completely under the seats in front of exit rows and some airlines don't allow stowage at all during take off and landing.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 3:19 pm

1. Anything that can obstruct the exit row is a non-starter for use in exit rows.

2. Anything that protrudes however remotely into another persons space (and all devices that fit over armrests fall into that catagory) requires the permission of the person infringed, which will NOT be routinely obtained.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your opinions regarding the exit row, we may put a warning on the product that it is not advised to use in exit rows during take off and landing. Once the plane is at 32,000 feet we don't expect anyone needing to rush to the emergency exit so there shouldn't be any concerns then. Every passenger also has the right to refuse to sit in an exit row so if you want to use your JetComfy without worries, you can request to trade seats.

We have taken the product on well over 100 flights and not had a single issue when obtaining permission from our neighbors, security, or airline attendants. Most neighbors prefer to have a tiny portion of the armrest taken up by the JetComfy rather than the entire armrest taken up by a stranger's hairy arm! They are usually very excited to see the product and wish they had one also.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 10:16 pm

Matrick - Thank you for sharing your view on the strap I will work on getting some better pics showing the seat interface with and without the strap. Do you think the strap should be removeable from the device for people that don't want the strap?
I personally do not need such a device, but in my opinion a passenger should be able to use any comfort device they wish as long as it does not encroach out of their own space (their seat itself) into shared space (shared arm rests, floor space etc.). Otherwise the user is essentially modifying the shared space as set out by the airline. If you could make the bracket fix to the seat between the legs of the user then that would not encroach into shared space.

Other than that you will get situations where a neighbouring person might object and the flight attendant would likely support them.

Food for thought

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.