Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Baubax jacket reviews?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2015, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Baubax jacket reviews?

Any of you get in on the kickstarter campaign? After my experience with Scottevest I'm a bit loathe to trial any of these 38592-in-1 jackets.

This travel jacket does 15 things at once

Last edited by TWA884; Aug 30, 2015 at 4:33 pm Reason: Substitute CNN Money review link for original Kickstarter investment solicitation link
Old Jul 12, 2015, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, TK Black, AA dirt
I'm really wanting to like it, however the Scottevest fiasco, as you pointed out is a bad memory.

The blazer doesn't look like something I would wear in a professional setting, so I'm eyeing the sweatshirt - will probably get one.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2mm
Scott e vest fiasco??. Please elaborate.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 8:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, TK Black, AA dirt
Originally Posted by jerryss
On paper it seemed great - in reality, the quality was very low. If you run a quick search here, you should find a few detailed accounts.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 10:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jerryss
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...y-problem.html
Old Jul 13, 2015, 3:54 pm

I have a Scottevest and I can agree the quality is not the best but as far as as using it for travel it is still good.

Shak
Old Jul 13, 2015, 5:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
I have signed up for a sweatshirt. Hopefully these will be of decent quality and shipped in a reasonable amount of time. Most of my kickstarters are running many months behind schedule!
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:42 am

Programs: Skywards
Neck pillow looks like a nice idea.

Got the AyeGear J25 myself, its a brilliant travel jacket as well as using on a day to day basis.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 7:42 pm

The sweatshirt looks a lot like the Burton Sleeper Hoodie.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 7:59 am

Programs: NW plat
I bought an ExOfficio jacket (similar to http://www.exofficio.com/products/de...gic-jacket-f14) locally several years ago and love it. It rolls into a travel pillow that buttons around my neck, preventing the dreaded head drop. The inside is full of pockets, some with zippers, that have pictures on them for tickets, passports, glasses, etc. It works well for me between temps of about 50-60; colder with a sweater underneath. But I am always cold. There doesn't appear to be as many features as the Baubax, but there are plenty for me and I love the soft lining.

I just checked and Amazon is still selling the model that I bought (medium black) for $100. I got mine at a local outdoors store.

Last edited by tharris; Jul 15, 2015 at 8:13 am
Old Jul 15, 2015, 2:13 pm

Please let me know specifically about any issues you have with www.scottevest.com. We stand behind our products.

Scott Jordan, CEO
www.scottevest.com
Old Jul 16, 2015, 11:43 am

Knock Off

I'm disappointed to see that this company is marketing a CLEAR knock-off from the SCOTTeVEST product line. SCOTTeVEST has been in the business of making technology enabled clothing for around 15 years and makes much more quality products that BAUBAX. SCOTTeVEST is also hosting an IndieGoGo campaign. I encourage all of you to go show your support for the original company and not to support this clear knock off product: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/o...eatures#/story
Old Jul 16, 2015, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by SCOTTEVEST
I'm disappointed to see that this company is marketing a CLEAR knock-off from the SCOTTeVEST product line. SCOTTeVEST has been in the business of making technology enabled clothing for around 15 years and makes much more quality products that BAUBAX. SCOTTeVEST is also hosting an IndieGoGo campaign. I encourage all of you to go show your support for the original company and not to support this clear knock off product: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/o...eatures#/story
Your afraid of competition. Your product does not have very good reviews and many people know that from the many posts that have made in other threads.

Last edited by wharvey; Jul 22, 2015 at 6:21 am
Old Jul 21, 2015, 2:34 pm

Thanks for your review! We have worked very hard to take your comments into consideration when designing new products! We updated our Travel Vest, and added a two more vests and are always revamping our old products! If you haven't purchased in a while, sign up for a Personal Shopper appointment here: http://bit.ly/1ghpqxU.

I am confident that our product will be superior to Baubox's product. We've had 15 years of learning experiences, evolved our customer service team, and are working with an amazing designer. If you need more information, reach out to me at [email protected].

Thanks!

Scott Jordan --CEO-- SCOTTeVEST
Old Jul 22, 2015, 7:40 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Moderator Warning:

I have had to delete and edit a few posts. If you cannot have civilized dialogue without personal attacks, I ask that you refrain from posting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.