Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Rolling backpack - with luggage passthrough/slide over handle?

Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Folks,
Wondering if this product exists - a backpack, that can roll, that has a strap/sleeve that will let it easily and securely slide over the handle of a larger rollaboard. Why? I carry a couple of *very* heavy laptops/equipment in a standard laptop rollaboard with a luggage sleeve, but trying to carry that via shoulder strap (even with fancy ones like Tom Bihn) is painful. Would much prefer a dual shoulder/otb system, i.e. a backpack, but need the rolling support for very long walks.
If you've seen something like this, much appreciated.!
Old Nov 20, 2014, 6:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Yes, I was considering one but went another direction. Let me see if I can find it...
Old Nov 20, 2014, 6:38 pm

Im sorry, I thought it was the High Sierra AT7 but apparently no pass through slot. Maybe thats why I did something else at the time.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:28 am
Original Poster

What was the other direction you went in?
Old Nov 21, 2014, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by NDS88
What was the other direction you went in?
http://www.ebags.com/product/travelp...er-tote/221138

Had a 20% coupon so ended up paying about $60 all in for it. It was closeout for like $78 when I ordered it.

For my intra-Europe flights, I check my main bag and just have this.

I also have a Eagle Creek backback with a pass-through, but it doesn't roll. I use that sometimes on shorter trips.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 8:39 am

Programs: United, Delta, Southwest, AA, IHG, Starwood, Hilton
I think that's going to be a hard thing to find because if it rolls, it's going to be larger than a daypack-sized laptop backpack. Usually at least 20" size. Otherwise, the thinking probably goes that you don't need the wheels---it's a backpack. There's probably not enough of a market for something like you want. I've seen smaller rolling messenger bags, but not backpacks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.