Search

B&R U122CX - Carry on United?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, National EE, MileagePlus 1K, Chase UR
B&R U122CX - Carry on United?

Hey all,

I am looking for a new bag and am seriously considering the Briggs & Riley U122CX. However, I am seeing some conflicting reports on whether the bag conforms to the new carry-on rules of United.

I am seeing the dimensions SHOULD fit, but have seen a few reviews of people saying they have been forced to check this bag. I know this topic has been touched on in a few threads, but I haven't seen anyone with the actual bag say they regularly carry it on United flights.

Any input and real world experiences would be greatly appreciated from this FT newbie.

Last edited by bdryden; Jul 30, 2014 at 9:20 am
Old Sep 13, 2015, 1:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
I just wanted to second this question - does anyone have experience with using the Briggs & Riley baseline domestic carry on upright U122CX as a carry-on with United?

I'm debating between U122CX and the commuter sized U119CX. I would prefer the larger size one but will go with the commuter if U122CX is going to cause me to be gate checked frequently with United.

Thanks for any input!
Old Sep 13, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Have been using one for about a year. Never an issue on UA mainline.

Also, as long as it's not jammed full, it will fit in a UA sizer.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...rry-sizer.html
Old Sep 16, 2015, 12:56 am

+1 no problem for me.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 12:28 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Exec P, Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Avis Pres. Club, Hertz Gold
Been a 1k for the past 4 years and i've used the widebody roller as my primary carry on for united both domestically and internationally without any issues.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 8:15 am

There is a wiki for it and plenty of other bags, here is the link.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ox-2015-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.