Wiki Posts
Search

RIMOWA: Salsa vs Salsa Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
RIMOWA: Salsa vs Salsa Deluxe

Planning to buy a new luggage soon and looking at RIMOWA Salsa line. Anyone has experience with the Salsa or Salsa Deluxe?

Edit: Planning to buy the Hand Luggage and Check-in Luggage.

Salsa
http://www.rimowa.com/en-ca/salsa/810.77.39.4
Item Number 810.77.39.4
Dimensions 31.9 x 21.5 x 10.6 in
Weight 10.6 lb
Volume 104.0 l
Multiwheel®
1 Flex-Divider system + 1 net cover
Luggage label
TSA combination lock

Salsa Deluxe
http://www.rimowa.com/en-ca/salsa-de-luxe/830.77.12.4
tem Number 830.77.12.4
Dimensions 31.9 x 21.5 x 10.6 in
Weight 12.1 lb
Volume 104.0 l
Luggage label
2 Flex-Divider systems
TSA combination lock
Multiwheel®
Add-a-bag holder

Last edited by BRAISKI; Jul 18, 2014 at 11:11 am
Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA LTP 2MM
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
1 Flex-Divider system + 1 net cover
vs.
2 Flex-Divider systems
Add-a-bag holder
I recently bought 2 larger Salsa cases and, for me, choosing between Salsa and Deluxe came down to the divider systems. I preferred having one side with the flex divider and the other with the zip net. Also, did not care about the add-a-bag holder complication. So for me there was no benefit to the extra cost or weight of the Deluxe line. YMMV.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 2:32 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, Shangri-La(h) Jade
I picked the Deluxe over the "standard" Salsa as I found the gloss finish to be more impressive. I only use the add-a-bag holder for my carry-on, don't see the need for it on check-in luggage.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Too bad the Salsa Hybrid doesn't really look nice, the front pockets can come in handy.

Originally Posted by UAL_Rulez
I recently bought 2 larger Salsa cases and, for me, choosing between Salsa and Deluxe came down to the divider systems. I preferred having one side with the flex divider and the other with the zip net. Also, did not care about the add-a-bag holder complication. So for me there was no benefit to the extra cost or weight of the Deluxe line. YMMV.
Thats what I was thinking too, I have the Heys and one side is flexible and other is net and I kinda like that.
With the weight it can really add up, esp for the check-in luggage.

Originally Posted by SIA747Megatop
I picked the Deluxe over the "standard" Salsa as I found the gloss finish to be more impressive. I only use the add-a-bag holder for my carry-on, don't see the need for it on check-in luggage.
Funny thing is I like the bag holder, but that being said I never really used the bag holder before in my previous luggage, ok maybe once or twice but not as often as I could/should.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.