Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Anyway to get Rimowa Salsa Deluxe in OD or Rimowa Hong Kong edition?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2014, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Most of them

I am not seeing either of these around. Koffer-direkt apparently never carried the OD Salsa Deluxe ---- but has S-Air in OD. They have one stray piece (the wine holder) in the Hong Kong special edition.

Any leads appreciated.
Old May 9, 2014, 3:08 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
When you say the Rimowa HK Edition are your referring to the Topas IATA? Cause they sell these in HK.
Old May 9, 2014, 6:13 am
Original Poster

No... they had an entire line of aluminum shell luggage in black with various hong kong themed references stenciled on the exterior. A Michael Wong collaboration....
https://www.google.com/search?q=rimo...2F%3B397%3B312
Old May 20, 2014, 3:38 pm
Ory

Programs: Marco Polo Gold
The Rimowa on Mody Road at TST, Kowloon may still have them.

Walk up Nathan Road until you see the Rolex shop opposite iSquare. That's the road. The second shop on your right is the Rimowa store. Upstairs there are the Michael Wong Rimowa pieces. You'll see them in the window. Call the store in advance.

Personally, I think they look guache and "wannabe flight case/roadie meets Mean Hong Kong streets". But I'm just a white guy - different people have different tastes. If that's your thing, you'll like them.

Before you go, make sure you wear earphones to avoid the swarms of bothersome and uncivil "copy Rolex", "suit, suit, suit?" guys who will throw themselves at you from the time you get off the ferry at the Kowloon piers to the time you re-embark. Just watch the traffic crossing the street.*

*You may want to purchase these items in Tokyo or Singapore or elsewhere, if you can, if for no other reason than to avoid the Kowloon "Copy Rolex" Crews.
Old May 21, 2014, 12:56 pm

Hi fracmeister -

Sorry to hear you cannot find the models you mention.

I can send you an old Swiss Armee stencil kit I have left over from military service days. A black or white can of spray paint and who knows, you can create your own official " Fracmeister " line of products.

As in Hong Kong, you can then mark-up the price to whatever you want.
Old May 23, 2014, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Swissaire
Hi fracmeister -

Sorry to hear you cannot find the models you mention.

I can send you an old Swiss Armee stencil kit I have left over from military service days. A black or white can of spray paint and who knows, you can create your own official " Fracmeister " line of products.

As in Hong Kong, you can then mark-up the price to whatever you want.
That is probably the best plan. "Frac'em all!" and perhaps a picture of a frac job...
Old May 23, 2014, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ory
The Rimowa on Mody Road at TST, Kowloon may still have them.

Walk up Nathan Road until you see the Rolex shop opposite iSquare. That's the road. The second shop on your right is the Rimowa store. Upstairs there are the Michael Wong Rimowa pieces. You'll see them in the window. Call the store in advance. (snip)
Ha! They don't have them here anymore..really for someone else. I just have the Topas Stealth which are uncommon enough that most people dont recognize them a R bags...
Old May 23, 2014, 9:54 pm

A decade or so ago there was the Rimowa campaign advertisements of a red stencil painted " Ronin " on the large alu. Pilot cases, following the action film of the same name starring Mr. De Nero and Mr. Reno.

And then there was the " Shark jaw bite " heralding the then new Bolero luggage line of Rimowa.

I hated both immediately.

Sorry, but large, stenciled airport codes on luggage does not a artist make.
Old May 24, 2014, 1:43 am
Ory

Personally I am of the view that the Michael Wong pieces were some of the most ----ing gauche things I have ever seen.

The Ronin ones might even top that.

Makes you want to buy Halliburton Zero . OK, OK, I'm joking about that part.

Who greenlit this at Rimowa HQ? Then again, perhaps they are right - the Asian market is different. Some people would actually buy these.
Old May 24, 2014, 1:44 am
Ory

Originally Posted by Swissaire
A decade or so ago there was the Rimowa campaign advertisements of a red stencil painted " Ronin " on the large alu. Pilot cases, following the action film of the same name starring Mr. De Nero and Mr. Reno.

And then there was the " Shark jaw bite " heralding the then new Bolero luggage line of Rimowa.

I hated both immediately.

Sorry, but large, stenciled airport codes on luggage does not a artist make.
Shark jaw bite?
Old May 25, 2014, 12:43 am

Here.

I believe the campaign intent was to have the public take notice, which they did.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...59.TdK6krDfM-o

In English. If not successful, do a search for Rimowa shark bite on luggage using another search engine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.