Reload this Page >

Best International and Domestic Carry On Bag

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best International and Domestic Carry On Bag

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: UA gold, Hyatt Plat Marriott silver,Hilton Gold, PC Plat., SPG Gold.,Hertz Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Depends on how you define "five days of clothes." I've done 4-5 day trips with my discontinued Victorinox Mobilizer NXT 20", including 3 suits, 4 dress shirts workout clothes and shoes (flat minimalist), sleep clothes, undergarments, socks, toiletries, and a pair of jeans.
Same as what you carry, but with one suit, 5 dress shirts and two pair of khakis. One of which I will wear on the plane.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by powerlifter
I am looking for a new suitcase that I can take internationally. All the 15.5 in cases have now been discarded by me. Looking at the B&R U122CX a number of reviewers on Amazon have measured the case and it comes to 23 inches in height. They also say that they have to put it in sideways on some planes. So that rules that out for me. So I am left with the commuter upright or the international Torq, or a Tumi product. Not sure if the Torq can handle five days of clothes. It is 9.4x14.3x 21.4 outside dimensions.
that is good to know, i was almost about to pull the trigger on U122CX after seeing it fit the sizer (but you never know when you run into a luggage nazi with a ruler at the gate)

my B&R TD-U521X (23.5" on the outside including handles) is about to go into retirement too
im in desperate need of a carry-on for domestics travels
im looking at the Victorinox Werks Traveler 4.0 20" right now
http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/p..._PARAMETER=BAG

wondering if it is the way to go for Delta and UA
Old Sep 5, 2014, 3:54 pm

Programs: Global Entry
Originally Posted by boltjames
The way you deal with a low weight allowance is this:

1. You get a bag that's within dimensional limits.

2. You do NOT overstuff the bag, no bulging, no sticking stuff in the outer pockets. Make the thing look slim.

3. You don't bring any large personal items with you, keep it small.

4. You dress neatly and in a wealthy fashion.

If you create a perception that you are tailored, well-off, and traveling light, no one will think to weigh your bag.

BJ

@:-)
Old Sep 11, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA gold, Hyatt Plat Marriott silver,Hilton Gold, PC Plat., SPG Gold.,Hertz Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by EvilTechie
that is good to know, i was almost about to pull the trigger on U122CX after seeing it fit the sizer (but you never know when you run into a luggage nazi with a ruler at the gate)

my B&R TD-U521X (23.5" on the outside including handles) is about to go into retirement too
im in desperate need of a carry-on for domestics travels
im looking at the Victorinox Werks Traveler 4.0 20" right now
http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/p..._PARAMETER=BAG

wondering if it is the way to go for Delta and UA
Evil techie I went to the luggage shop today and I took along a tape measure. The U122CX is at 22"x 14"x 9" I even had someone else not the sales person measure the bag. I do not know how the person's on amazon and the B&R site measured the bag, but it was wrong. If you have not got the werks bag already I would go with the B&R bag. I will get the bag next week as they were out of the black, and I did not care for the olive.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 8:49 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
My B&R Explore 22 in measures exactly 22x14x9 and is about 7 lbs. The handle adds a half inch
I measured it on the AA and UA sizers at ORD and it fits fine (if outer pocket is not bulging too much)

Howver, for sheer space my old American Tourister 22 in is the winner
It can carry 30 lbs of stuff easily and has never been challenged
I once used it to carry bone china from UK as my hand luggage and it came through fine with 40 lbs total.

Surprisingly, the costco Samsonite Hilite spinner softside series that we have measures 21.5x15x9, but we have had NO issues getting it through the GAs.
I think when it is a spinner and pushed by a small woman with a cabin bag on top it seems small?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Amex Plat, UA Club Card, National EE, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by boltjames
You don't want the "international", trust me. I love B&R and own their Baseline in the 22" and 25" sizes, but their naming conventions are completely misrepresentitive.

You want the U122CX "domestic" which really should be called "domestic and international". The "international widebody" you are referring to is too wide, will get you into trouble at the gate and down the aisle (it's barely got enough clearance to make it between the seats). The 20" height is attractive but the width is a killer. The good news? The U122CX fits everywhere, both domestic and international carriers.

BJ
BJ: bought couple of these for sale at amazon in Navy Blue color after reading your comment and loving the bag. Wish I had bought more. $215 was a steal!

Do you have recommendation for full size checked bags?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.