Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tumi Tegra-Lite v Alpha

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2014, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Tumi Tegra-Lite v Alpha

Has anyone here had a chance to compare the carrying capacity of the Tegra-lite vs Alpha? The Tegra-Lite measures the wheels in the dimensions so the actual capacity seems less and I wanted to know how much less it is (practically speaking)...

Thanks
Old Apr 10, 2014, 11:10 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I am comparing these two as well. I fly a lot of domestic trips (150+ legs last year) and probably check the bag about 50% of the time.

I've had my eye on the Alpha for a long time (I like the look of it and that it has an outside pocket) but wanted to make sure it was durable enough for dozens of checked trips in a year. I'm sure the Tegra would hold up better since it's a hardside case but I've heard that it has a tendency to get scratched.

I'm going to a local Tumi store to check the two out but wanted to get the opinion of other frequent travelers out there!

Note - I am not looking for comparisons to Rimowa or Briggs & Riley. Also I am looking at the Alpha, not Alpha 2. Thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2014, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by AKelley728
I am comparing these two as well. I fly a lot of domestic trips (150+ legs last year) and probably check the bag about 50% of the time.

I've had my eye on the Alpha for a long time (I like the look of it and that it has an outside pocket) but wanted to make sure it was durable enough for dozens of checked trips in a year. I'm sure the Tegra would hold up better since it's a hardside case but I've heard that it has a tendency to get scratched.

I'm going to a local Tumi store to check the two out but wanted to get the opinion of other frequent travelers out there!

Note - I am not looking for comparisons to Rimowa or Briggs & Riley. Also I am looking at the Alpha, not Alpha 2. Thanks!
As a nylon checked bag, I doubt highly you will ever find a better constructed and durable choice as the Tumi Alpha. You shouldn't hesitate to buy one if indeed you eschew the hard sided category.

BJ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.