Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

do any soft sided luggages have a hard frame ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2014, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

I've been looking at a lot of soft sided luggage under 200$ and it seems like they don't have a hard frame that goes around the case. It's just a thin metal piece in the center while the outside is just the nylon . I have a 10 year old soft sided luggage and it has a hard frame that goes all around the luggage and it only costs 80$..
Old Feb 9, 2014, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Are you looking at carry-on sizes (int'l or US) or checked pieces (24" or 25" & up)? How light or heavy is your legacy piece? Since you are on FT - assumed that you plan to fly with it & looking for contents protection from its hard shell?

Have you looked at some of the eBags sold online - many are shipped free & they have a generous return/exchange policy, lifetime warranty (we owned a few of their products, really happy & pleased with them)

http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/m...ductid=1325216
Old Feb 10, 2014, 12:34 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Originally Posted by agb1a
I've been looking at a lot of soft sided luggage under 200$ and it seems like they don't have a hard frame that goes around the case. It's just a thin metal piece in the center while the outside is just the nylon . I have a 10 year old soft sided luggage and it has a hard frame that goes all around the luggage and it only costs 80$..
The bags with the super hard/heavy frame from a decade ago are long gone due to weight concerns.

You can get modern honeycomb frames that are truly 360 degrees (even the back of the suitcase) but they're pricey. Tumi Alpha or high end Victorinox are a few. Some of the higher end Samsonites have this, which would save you some $ over the Tumi/Victorinox.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.