Reload this Page >

Ordering Rimowa from Koffer Direkt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ordering Rimowa from Koffer Direkt

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2014, 9:44 am

Hey Swissaire, I think the reasoning is that since KofferDirekt is not supposed to be selling outside of their territory, then it would be a grey market case. The respective market cannot see a valid receipt and stamped warranty card. It would show it was a Kofferdirect shipping it to the states or Asia which they are not authorized to do any longer. Anyway, instead of saving that small bit of money, I already decided to buy a new case from my local shop in Union Square in San Francisco. Yea, finally I got a shop in SF and don't have to buy from the LA or Vegas RIMOWA Flagship stores. They were even having a sale on a phased out item in a unique color that was for the USA flagship stores only. I know I am big whimp, but I may have even saved money and I am now not worried about repairs since it was an official RIMOWA shop. They even told they would cover non warranty repairs like dent repair in aluminum cases, but alas I don't any aluminum cases. Likewise they said they would go to bat anywhere in the world to ake sure I get a repair from wherever I am as some luggage shops won't do it for free if you didn't buy from them.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: LH SEN, TK*G, Hertz PC, AVIS PC, Sixt Plat.
RIMOWA is a worldwide brand

Even though I can see why there !!!might!!! be a reason for some stores not to accept a overseas bought bag for repair I do not really see the point.
a) It could've been a local purchase, you wouldn't see that from the stamp in the warranty card
b) You could be from Germany - the store cannot verify (you could've just moved)
c) You could've had the shop ship to a hotel while being in Germany.
I have never been asked for the warranty card when bringing a bag in for repair. And I have used the repair shop in LV after a damage on the outbound flight. As they see the production date in the serial number no questions asked.
I wouldn still buy at the best store and/or the cheapest store.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:25 am

Hi Hobart-

Congratulations on your Rimowa case purchase !

It sounds like you have a good Rimowa store and staff near you to work with, and a discounted Rimowa case now in your possession. That is the best of combinations. You now have time to explore all the Rimowa accessory products in the catalogue ( amenity kits, shirt bags, shoe bags, laundry bags, and suit carrier/ garment bags, etc.) to enhance your purchase and travelling experience.

HamburgAround details all the points very well regarding international warranty coverage. The ID stamp on your case verifies your it as being an authentic Rimowa product immediately, and not a warranty card, or sales tag. If legitimate and authorized Rimowa repair shops will not honour or repair new Rimowa products in Asia, I am sure Rimowa Gmbh would want to know that. ( I am aware of some that are not authorized by Rimowa, having seen a shoe shine shop while visiting in California, with luggage stacked up high for repair in the front lobby ). I doubt if the warranty would be honoured or intact therafter, and I would steer clear of such a shop if I needed anything.

As a helpful tip, I would suggest that you make a copy of your Rimowa sales receipt, and carry it when you travel with your travel documents or ticket. I would also include a printed copy of the product, with photo and description specifications, were any questions to arise regarding it's weight and total linear measurements.

I have mine back to back on one printed page when I travel, and it proved invaluable on a return flight with LH from LAX back to FRA. ( Our new XXL Rimowa poly case was totaled, and LH replaced the total cost of it in full, immediately, allowing me time to purchase a similar alu XXl case and still make the flight home to ZRH ).

It weighs little should anything happen, or need to be claimed or verified perhaps, with any air carrier. I find that more and more airlines are comfortable with Rimowa products, and knowledgeable with weight and sizing, but nevertheless for the owner and traveler it is just good peace of mind.

Last edited by Swissaire; Feb 4, 2014 at 11:38 am
Old Feb 13, 2014, 4:52 pm

I need help in ordering from koffer-direkt.
during check out, I do not see option for USA in "Land"
Please let me know of any tips in pushing my order through for USA buyers.
Also is the 10% coupon working?
Thank you.

I found it. It is in there.

I used a coupon. Im hoping they kofferdirekt will not cancel.

Last edited by sputnick; Feb 13, 2014 at 5:36 pm
Old Feb 18, 2014, 5:19 pm

recent order

Has anyone ordered from Koffer recently and have it shipped to the US?

I'm thinking about getting one but wasn't sure if they still shipped out here.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 8:29 am

Ordered a topas mid january, took 2 weeks to arrive in nyc.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by scjmc
Ordered a topas mid january, took 2 weeks to arrive in nyc.
scjmc,
did you ever get a shipping confirmation? They already pulled the money from my account but no email notification.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 11:41 am

Good to know, do they offer the cheapest price for Rimowa's online right now? I'm thinking of getting one really soon, as I need it for travel next month.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 2:49 pm

Koffer Direkt total costs

I'm thinking of ordering Rimowa Salsa but trying to assess the Koffer Direkt total costs versus just purchasing in the U.S.

Looks as though they charge 50 euros to ship to the U.S. Did everyone who ordered get charged 50 euros shipping? Also, your credit card tags on currency conversion fee, correct?

Does anyone have the 10% coupon code?

Thanks
Old Feb 27, 2014, 8:21 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
I would strongly caution anyone in North America not to order from Koffer-Direkt. I ordered 2 pieces last year. One piece arrived fine in a couple of weeks. The second piece (a Rimowa Limbo) arrived some 7 weeks after shipping from Germany looking like it had been run over by a truck -- it was crushed and punctured and totally unusable (note: no packing or padding included by KD; not that it would have helped much for the serious damage sustained). KD was moderately unresponsive and unhelpful making a claim with DHL (USPS wouldn't take the claim here) and finally relented and made the claim after prodding from me. I heard nothing more from KD or DHL (after filling out some initial forms and taking lots of photos). Luckily AMEX was great and issued a refund (supplied them with all of the photos, timeline, etc) after a 30 day investigation. Now 4 months on I get an email from KD saying it appears I received the piece from DHL, so I should arrange for payment now. Mind you, this is the same guy who I had emails with months prior and exchanged pictures of the crushed luggage. Unbelievable. Stay away folks.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 1:21 am

Programs: IML GOLD, Bonvoy LTPE, WOH Globalist, AAEXPLT
Just had an order (w/ coupon code and not paid by credit card) cancelled. Does anyone know of any places in Europe still shipping to USA? These draconian rules are pretty unproductive.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 2:38 pm

I'm based in San Francisco and ordered from Koffer Direkt on the 27th of February 2014. Order went through smoothly and I just received my luggage on the 4th of March 2014 and didn't get charged any taxes. Order was dispatched straight after I paid Koffer Direkt with my Visa. I used the 10euro discount code but had to pay for the 50euro shipping. Still about USD50 cheaper than buying it in the US.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 6:43 pm

RIMOWA

Hi , can i still buy rimowa lugguge and ship to singaproe from http://www.koffer-direkt.de/
Old Mar 16, 2014, 1:31 pm

mine arrived 2 weeks after ordering. Transaction went smooth. Used coupon code (dont ask me, its online) and used credit card.
Saved me $325 ordering from koffer. Very happy!
Old Mar 17, 2014, 12:32 am

Hi Sputnik -

A wise and profitable decision, which I hope you enjoy travelling with.

Good for you !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.