Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ordering Rimowa from Koffer Direkt

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2016, 7:09 am

kofferdirekt30031248 is good for 10% off. Valid until end of April I believe
Old Jul 14, 2016, 5:07 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Purchased via KD, shipped to father-in-law's home in Germany. Flying out of FRA today. Had both suitcases labeled at LH check in before walking them to customs desk landside at B. No queue. Visibly grumpy agent tried telling me that I couldn't claim tax back as receipt was in FIL's name (despite valid tax form being supplied by KD which I'd completed in my name with my US home address). After a short debate he invited me to cross FIL's name and address off the invoice and add my own. Customs form was stamped and returned (for me to mail back to KD), and I was invited to add my cases to the growing pile on a nearby trolley. All in all successful (assuming luggage arrives at my destination) and only took 2-3 minutes. Posting just in case this helps anyone regarding clarity on the process.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 7:36 pm

KD discount code?

Does anyone know a valid discount code? Many thanks.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 11:19 am

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
koffer2710160900 is a valid 10% code until 30/11/16
Old Nov 2, 2016, 11:33 am

And if that doesnt work, koffer26091552 gives you 13% off and is valid till 31/01/2017

Last edited by vogel; Nov 2, 2016 at 11:40 am
Old Nov 2, 2016, 11:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Accor, IHG, LH, BAEC, DB
kofferprofi.de might currently be the better deal overall. 10% coupon KP10CK plus 5% cashback from shoop.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 6:47 pm

Thank you guys for the hookup & discount codes. And I discovered kofferprofi in the process. I ended up buying from KD because I had purchased from them before and the price was a smidge better after the discount.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 9:34 am

I wonder if anyone has ever been charged with US import duties when receiving a shipment from Koffer Direkt. It appears the standard rate is 20%.

https://hts.usitc.gov/?query=suitcase

Any feedback would be appreciated! I need to decide really quick if to order for delivery here or pick up in Germany. Thanks!
Old Nov 21, 2016, 11:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by mercflight
I wonder if anyone has ever been charged with US import duties when receiving a shipment from Koffer Direkt. It appears the standard rate is 20%.

https://hts.usitc.gov/?query=suitcase

Any feedback would be appreciated! I need to decide really quick if to order for delivery here or pick up in Germany. Thanks!
not here, made two purchases from them via UK
Old Dec 23, 2016, 4:04 pm

Programs: Marriott AmBE ; AA EXP; Amtrak Select Executive; Hertz PC
hi all. i'm interested in ordering from KD and sending it to my friend in Bern Switzerland. I had a couple of questions. I am flying into and out of Milan, Italy. I will be visiting my friend in Bern. I want to ship it there and take it around. Will I be able to get the VAT refund when I leave from Milan? or will they not charge me VAT? also is there an active 15% off coupon ? Thanks for all your help.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 5:59 pm

Hi What is the percentage of VAT refund from Koffer-Direct?
Is it 10%?
Thank you
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:43 am

Programs: LH FT, AA Plat
Originally Posted by whatthe
Is it 10%?
Thank you
German VAT is 19%.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Amex Centurion, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by whatthe
Is it 10%?
Thank you
I just got back ~16% today from my KD order direct to my CC ^
Old Jan 23, 2017, 7:24 am

Immaculate,

What was your process in ordering? Are you located in the US?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:36 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Amex Centurion, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by dt18997
Immaculate,

What was your process in ordering? Are you located in the US?

Thanks in advance.
hey dt18997,

Yup, I'm based in the US. ~2 months prior to my planned trip to Germany, I started looking at what cases I wanted and looking for coupon codes for koffer direkt and koffer-profi. I had previously ordered a 29" Topas from KD back when they were shipping to the US, so was fairly comfortable ordering from them. It was my first time ordering from koffer-profi. I got in touch with the concierge at my hotel in Germany, made sure they were OK with accepting parcels for me and holding them (they were - and no fee at all!) and started shopping.

I found a coupon for 15% off at koffer direkt around Black Friday and went ahead and ordered the Topas IATA case I wanted. A few days later, I decided that 15% (plus the 19% VAT refund) was too good of a deal to pass up and decided I wanted a Salsa Deluxe as well. koffer direkt was sold out of the colour/size I wanted, so I waited a week or so hoping it would come back in stock. When it was clear it wouldn't, I found out that koffer-profi had 15% off as well, and ordered the case from them. I informed both koffer direkt and koffer-profi that I intended to export the cases and wanted VAT refund forms. I paid using PayPal for one of them because they wouldn't accept my USA billing address + Germany shipping address.

Receipts were a bit tricky - both agreed to send me VAT refund forms. koffer direkt sent receipt/invoice by post to my home in Southern California and I was lucky to find it in my mailbox while transiting through one weekend. koffer-profi included the receipt with the Salsa Deluxe direct to Germany. Neither sent me the required forms for export, but fortunately koffer-profi had them on their website (forms are in German). I was able to get some instructions on which parts of the form needed to be filled out, but had only a vague idea of what to do from there.

Arrived in Germany and concierge had left my new cases in the room. I printed copies of the export forms and filled them out. I learned that if you are buying from different retailers like I did, it's one retailer per form, as these forms need to be mailed back to the retailer once stamped. The export process is fairly simple. You bring the receipts, completed export forms, and the items to airport. I checked in with UA first, got the bags tagged as checked bags, then went over to the customs counter. Customs will stamp the forms, x-ray the goods (they asked twice if there was anything in the cases - fortunately I left them empty), and then you get the forms back with export stamps on them. Protip: bring extra copies of the form! It will be rejected for any minor mistake, and customs does NOT keep extra forms handy. From there, you need to mail the forms to the retailer once you are back stateside. From time of mailing, it took ~7 days for me to receive my VAT refunds direct to my credit card/paypal. I got ~16% back.

My Topas IATA wound up costing ~470 euros, or ~$500 USD. Not bad compared to $995 + tax at department stores here in SF ^

If I missed any part of the process that you want clarified, feel free to ask! It took me a while to piece this process together for the first time before this trip and I'm glad I did - saved quite a bit on 2 new cases.

Last edited by immaculate; Jan 24, 2017 at 12:39 am Reason: edit to add paypal as my payment method to avoid having to enter my billing address

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.