Ordering Rimowa from Koffer Direkt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ordering Rimowa from Koffer Direkt

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2015, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by macrophage
I thought of a slightly better scenario... Would this be a net cheaper alternative?

What If...
- Since I'm staying in London all week, going to Germany would be out of the way and eat up some of my travel time
- Can I order and ship the Salsas to my hotel in London? and still collect VAT Back at LHR departing for USA? If so, is Koffer still the best bet?
- Seeing Frankfurt/Munich is not at the top of my list for this trip (maybe in the future, but I am trying to plan to meet as many friends and family as I can)

EDIT:
I answered my own question here: https://www.gov.uk/tax-on-shopping/taxfree-shopping

Cannot get VAT back on online purchases or mail order goods

Are prices in London not favorable?
yes, you can. i posted something about this a few posts back. but i guess it could be different when departing from UK?
Old Mar 9, 2015, 9:58 am

considering the savings from ordering through Germany for delivery to EU, you save hundreds, eg. a Rimowa Topas 747-8, which has leather, from WorldShop is €819 = ~£615, whereas a bog standard silver topas of the same size, bought in the UK is about £1,000 = ~€1,330, or from Koffer24,koffer direkt etc (they're all the same price), its only €699 = ~£525.
I wouldn't worry too much about the VAT.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 1:51 am

Rimowa

Don't waste your money on Rimowa. This brand is no longer what it was years ago. Once a corner breaks they will not replace your suitcase. A corner "repair" is a very embarrassing looking glue job and you will no longer want to use the item.
Originally Posted by nmh1204;24478808o
considering the savings from ordering through Germany for delivery to EU, you save hundreds, eg. a Rimowa Topas 747-8, which has leather, from WorldShop is €819 = ~£615, whereas a bog standard silver topas of the same size, bought in the UK is about £1,000 = ~€1,330, or from Koffer24,koffer direkt etc (they're all the same price), its only €699 = ~£525.
I wouldn't worry too much about the VAT.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 8:27 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
I haven't been able to find a clear answer online and was hoping some could help me here.

I know that I cannot order from Koffer anymore direct to the US (where I live), however I will be spending some time in the UK next month and am thinking about ordering from Koffer to my hotel. Couple of questions for the group here (which probably knows a whole lot more about this than me):

a) Will Koffer sell at their Euro prices into the UK?
b) Can I claim back the VAT when I leave the UK?

Thanks for the help!
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by troyb
I haven't been able to find a clear answer online and was hoping some could help me here.

I know that I cannot order from Koffer anymore direct to the US (where I live), however I will be spending some time in the UK next month and am thinking about ordering from Koffer to my hotel. Couple of questions for the group here (which probably knows a whole lot more about this than me):

Thanks for the help!
A, yes.
B, No. VAT on online purchases cannot be refunded, only in-store
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone have any idea if a IATA Cabin Multiwheel salsa deluxe, fit INSIDE the Lufthansa 84L topas variation? I'm talking about the 52L salsa deluxe cabin carry on.

The dimensions seems to suggest I have 1/2 inch or so. But I'm not sure. The handle might get in the way.

I guess I could go to a luggage store and try it out...
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by troyb

Thanks for the help!
Contact Koffer before your purchase and tell them your situation. They are really helpful,but the turnaround time for a response is 1-2 business days.

They will ask you to annotate your order with your home address and ship the item with the VAT receipts as if you made a physical purchase, though you pay online...

Present said forms to Customs at the UK border and receive the stamp.

Koffer will issue you a refund for the VAT amount.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:49 pm

macrophage, online purchases cannot get a refund on the VAT, it is EU regulations - only shop bought items are eligible
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by nmh1204
macrophage, online purchases cannot get a refund on the VAT, it is EU regulatioons - only shop bought items are eligible
Koffer will send you shop-bought receipts.

Shady, I know.

EDIT: you also will pay in Euros.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by macrophage
Koffer will send you shop-bought receipts.

Shady, I know.

EDIT: you also will pay in Euros.
oh that's cool, sorry, i misread the previous post.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Vat 10% ?

I'm currently at the main Kaufhof department store in Berlin (Alexanderplatz) looking at my Rimowa options.
However, prices here are listed the same as at the online stores, with the VAT refund (handled by the store) quoted as being only 10%.
Anyone have a different experience with a German in-store purchase ?
Old Apr 4, 2015, 3:15 am

Programs: EB*G, A3*G, National EE
15% discount at koffer-direkt

15% discount at koffer-direkt:

http://koffer-fuer-handgepaeck.de/ko...in/2015/03/26/

Seems to still be alive.
Old May 15, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: UA1K MM, MI LTP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver
I recently got the customs stamp at LHR with the export form and the internet invoice that I received with the shipment from Koffer-Direkt to a UK address. No problems at all.
Old May 25, 2015, 9:29 pm

Programs: CA Gold, EY Silver HHons Diamond
Originally Posted by cha211
15% discount at koffer-direkt:

http://koffer-fuer-handgepaeck.de/ko...in/2015/03/26/

Seems to still be alive.
Still working as of this weekend.

How long do Koffer Direkt usually take to dispatch? Ordered on Saturday and received confirmation of purchase but nothing since then regarding delivery

This is for delivery to the UK.
Old May 26, 2015, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by LOUDNOISES
Still working as of this weekend.

How long do Koffer Direkt usually take to dispatch? Ordered on Saturday and received confirmation of purchase but nothing since then regarding delivery

This is for delivery to the UK.
In their confirmation email, they state that they will furnish you with the courier reference once shipped/available.

When I recently ordered my hand luggage, however, no shipping confirmation details were sent, and I had to query the status.

In other words, even if they ship quite promptly, a confirmation email may not be guaranteed.

YMMV of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.