Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Rimowa Pilot Trolley: hand luggage problems?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2013, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I'm considering to buy a Rimowa Pilot Trolley, the small one: 50 x 23 x 41,5 cm as you can see here: http://www.rimowa.de/main#product/920.50.00.2

I know that IATA recommendations are 55 x 40 x 20 cm and that AF page says 55 x 35 x 25 cm.

So, I want to know if someone has this type of Pilot Trolley and has experienced any problem while handling as board trolley.

Thank you in advance.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 12:04 am

Lufthansa Worldshop also offers two Rimowa PilottenKoffern, or Pilot cases, in small and large sizes, as an option for you.

I have carried one for business for a number of years. By themselves, there is no problem, especially when flying LH and SWISS. But start adding an attaché, a pillow, a jacket, books, a laptop or tablet messenger bag, and you're pushing the envelope. If you are a pilot, you already know you won't be taking that specific case into the cockpit.

Before you make your purchase, ask yourself what would happen if you were asked to check that case ? Also you might wish to consider the features of the Rimowa Business case as an alternative.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your message.

I'm not a pilot, I just like this type of carryon, because it opens from top, and it feels more comfortable to pass security control with a laptop and the toiletry bag, than the Rimowa Topas IATA for example.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.