LAX Luggage going out of business + liquidation

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2013, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
LAX Luggage going out of business + liquidation

FYI, the LAX Luggage (West LA location at least, didn't confirm the other locations but I'm guessing they're all affected) is closing its doors and liquidating everything. Doors will close in about two weeks.

Based on personal experience and Yelp reviews, they're terrible with the customer service, so I'm not too heart broken about it, and it makes be feel better to take advantage of the discounts.

Samsonites are 40% off lowest marked price right now; 30% off Antler; 20% for Briggs & Stratton; 10% Tumi. Most accessories are 40%.

Decent selection remains, especially if you're looking for hardsides. Picked myself up a Samsonite laptop sideloader rolling briefcase for $60 out the door.

(It was a toss up of posting this here in Travel Products or the LA forum, but figured this would get more eyes. Perhaps move to LA with a temporary forwarding link from here?)
Old May 14, 2013, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by LAXative

Samsonites are 40% off lowest marked price right now; 30% off Antler; 20% for Briggs & Stratton; 10% Tumi. Most accessories are 40%.
No wonder they're going out of business - try getting that luggage past TSA
Old May 15, 2013, 1:21 am

Programs: UA Platinum
I bought my first roll aboard there (travelpro). But I bought my last one (another travelpro) online. Must be hard for brick and mortar stores to compete. RIP LAX luggage.
Old May 17, 2013, 5:13 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
This place has the worst location, which would probably explain some of their woes. Just too hidden.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.