Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

B&R Double Expandable Tote (231X) v. Tumi Alpha Expandable Carry-On (22125)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada Altitude S100k / Star Alliance Gold

I fly on frequent 1-3 night business trips within North America. My dress code is usually business casual, and I like to travel light. A lot of my travel is in CRJ 200/700 aircraft, and I'm looking for a 'no wheels one-bag' solution that I can either store overhead or under the seat....a bag that can carry up to three folded shirts, suit pants, underwear, laptop, peripherals, files etc.

Through all the great information on this forum, I narrowed the choice down to these two products:

B&R Double Expandable Tote:

http://www.briggs-riley.com/category...able-Tote_231X

Tumi Alpha Expandable Carry On:

http://www.tumi.com/product/index.js...ndSrc=paramNav

The Tumi is larger and costs double the B&R. However, I think it looks much more refined and would look better in a business environment.

Appreciate input from anyone who has tried these bags! Would they fit what I am looking for, and is the Tumi worth the premium?

Cheers.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
I bought a B&R 231X almost 3 years ago and gave some impressions in this post.

I like the bag lots but came to find in recent trips when fully loaded it was a heavy little square brick that almost didn't fit into the overhead bin on some aircraft. The lack of wheels also made it heavy to haul around airport & on & off aircraft so lasy Summer splurged on a B&R 20" Int. wheeled carry-on and will use my 231X as it was intended as a carry-on only and not as a main bag.

MHO is to pocket the savings and go with the B&R but then I'm a B&R fan and never really believed the Tumi hype enough to pay the rather notable premium. Just MHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.